Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Borders all gone down under, who sells Kobo now?

Well, Borders is now gone completely here in Australia. Who sells the Kobo in a bricks and Mortar store now?

http://www.smh.com.au/small-business...602-1fhsx.html

Love to hear from reps to provide some light to a darkening situation.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
That's sad. I'm in New Zealand and Borders and Whitcoulls has been sold here to an experienced retailer so there is still some hope they will survive.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
...Maybe those AR's that weren't owned by the main company?
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Well, Borders is now gone completely here in Australia. Who sells the Kobo in a bricks and Mortar store now?
Article says borders.com.au will continue so at least there will be some sort of in-country purchase option. Does suck to loose the brick and mortar option though.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Maybe they could get them in somewhere like big w?
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Wal~mart sells them in Canada. But I'm not sure if you guys have Wal~Mart?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #7
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Wal~mart sells them in Canada. But I'm not sure if you guys have Wal~Mart?
Nope.

I hope they manage to offer the Kobo through more stores than just A&R. There's not a lot of remaining A&R stores about, and the A&R stores I've been to have been very unimpressive.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:10 AM   #8
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
They need to get into stores like JB Hifi or Dick Smiths. Target, Big W, K Mart would work too.
There are a lot of people who would buy an ereader if they can see one, feel one and be shown how easy it is to use. I thought about an ereader for a long time but I wasn't prepared to buy something on the internet without seeing it first.
To this day I have NEVER seen a kindle! I've seen a few Kobos, a couple of Sony's and lots of iPads. Having owned my Kobo for a year I would consider buying an ereader unseen now but I didn't want to do that a year ago.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #9
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I think any of the mainstream chain stores would do.

JB and Dick Smith seem committed with their small range of ereaders though. Once the Kobo began being sold in those stores, it would eclipse the other less capable ereaders, which are often more expensive.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
boxall
boxall began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
AR still sell them in store and online. I just grabbed a black one for $99 delivered.
boxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
I'm so tight right now that I would need money...just to be poor... :-(
Been unemployed for like a little more than a year - but have been working for two months now.
And Kobo is on my screen image at home and at work.
It's my dream and it's what makes me go on through all the troubles of life!
So, I won't be purchasing it right now - it's practically impossible - gotta buy little things like food.
But I know that if it's as good as I'm reading, if it's as good as I think - they'll make more and in 3 months the price might even go down too!

So for the people who can't find one - I'm sure the wait will be worth!
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote