Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
tagalong
tagalong began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Unhappy Calibre 9.30

Hi
I have been using Calibre for a number of years-since I got my first EBook reader.
Yesterday, I did update to latest version. Uh-oh.
There is no tag-browser which means I have a page of about 700 books in one long list sorted by say alphabet etc,
Since I keep a few different formats and a number of series, inds of books etc. it is impossible to see this as of any use now. It would take forever to find what I wanted.
I have looked at the preferences page and saw no way of getting the tag-browser back.
I even looked to find my previous version of 8.9 which was a dream.
Is there a way to get that feature back? Am I missing something in set-up?
I have updated many times and have never had ths problem.
Please help-what I have now is kind of useless.
Thanks so much for any help.

tagalong
tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I've updated to 9.30 and the tag browser is where it usually is on the left hand side? Are you sure you've not just mistakenly hidden it - which you can do by pressing 'Shift + Alt + T', or if you look at the bottom right corner of your Calibre window, there are three icons next to Jobs. From right to left it's a book, an arrow and a tag. If you click the one with the tag on it, hopefully your Tag Browser will reappear?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
tagalong
tagalong began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Oh Good Lord-thank you.
I have no idea what I was thinking. As soon as I read your reply-I remember a number of updates ago-having to do that same thing only I was paying attention then I guess.
Thanks a alot from a red-faced friend.
tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
No worries, if it had been anything more technical than a brain-freeze moment, I wouldn't have been able to help
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote