Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Weblady
Weblady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Unhappy Kobo screen flashing when plugged in but no image!

Hi Folks, I could really use your help.

I've had my Kobo for about a week now and did not need to recharge until today. Oddly, it only stayed charged for a few hours and then I noticed the battery indicator said very low. A little later the screen went completely blank and there was nothing happening, no red light, no book image, nothing. The screen was that grey colour but no book image or text displaying. I plugged the cable into my computer and now the red light is blinking and the screen is flashing from black to grey and it's still blank. Has this happened to anyone before? Do I need to return it? Is it charging? I am close to throwing this thing out the window with other problems I've been experiencing - but that's a whole other thread.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Weblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
m0_joe
m0_joe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I haven't had that problem but the day after I bought my Kobo, I turned it on and there were ghost images (even after a 1/2 hour) and a blank line running down the middle. It's a new product, there are bound to be bugs and defective products. Call kobo see what they say. I assumed you tried resetting it? Kobo will probably say to take it back. If you have been having a few problems with it, yeah I would take it back.
m0_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
If you bought it in a store, take it back for an exchange. I'd be inclined to say as well, if you bought it online, take it back to a store (Chapters/Indigo) and see what they can do for you.

Have you been able to "turn it off" completely? Charge it with the USB with the unit saying it is charging? Experimented with using a paperclip in the back to perform a full reset? That's really all an end user can do. If those things don't fix it, there may be a hardware issue that requires a simple full replacement.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, screen