Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
DC Public Library Ebooks for Non-Residents

This has been posted elsewhere, but the availability of Ebooks from their library is wonderful and I felt like DC deserves it's own thread:

DC does have a great collection. Once you apply online you get an id number that can be used for 30 days. You have to visit the library to make payment and pick up your permanent card which will have a new ID number. It is a great collection and growing all the time. I check their new listings a couple of times a week. You can have up to 10 books out at a time which is way too many for me. Nice Spanish and French collection of titles.

It is a spectacular way to avoid the new Agency Pricing Model.

BTW, when I first sent an email to them I never heard back. I finally just called and was directed to the right person who gave me the scoop.

Here is the link for card application.

http://catalog.dclibrary.org/oureg/onlinecard.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote