Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
pj123
Zealot
pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tablet 3 Pro, Kobo Aura H2O, Ipad
8-inch tablet

Hi, I am looking for an 8-inch tablet for academic PDF reading and annotation (markup, highlight, free hand writing). Hope the device has a decent battery life and a nice stylus input (I don't like to use fingers). Price range is $200-$500 (cheaper is better). Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by pj123; 10-11-2011 at 03:04 AM.
pj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
unfortunatly most all the 8 inch tablets are extremly low quality manufactured by coby and other junk manufactuerers. but Samsung has finaly released an 8.9 inch tablet that may do what you want its a lil over an inch shoter and narroweer than everyones 10 inch tablet. i dont know how good it is but i will tell you from the reviews ive seen its the same thing as samsungs premium tablet the galaxy tab 10.1 just a smaller from factor.

good luck on your searches
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj123 View Post
Hi, I am looking for an 8-inch tablet for academic PDF reading and annotation (markup, highlight, free hand writing). Hope the device has a decent battery life and a nice stylus input (I don't like to use fingers). Price range is $200-$500 (cheaper is better). Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You might want to take a look at the Vizio. MobileTechReview link below.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tabl...zio-Tablet.htm

They sell for less than $300.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
unfortunatly most all the 8 inch tablets are extremly low quality manufactured by coby and other junk manufactuerers.
I think your calling Coby a "junk" manufacturer is inaccurate. I have had a 7" Coby 7024 for about 6 months and am very happy with it. I use it mainly as an ereader (CoolReader, Aldiko and Kindle4Android), but I play games, browse the web and check email as well.

The Coby is built better than most tablets I've seen and has given me no problems at all.

You might consider using another manufacturer as your "junk" example. There are many that fit that description; Coby just doesn't happen to be one of them.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote