Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I used:

Quote:
export ARCH_FLAGS="-march=cortex-a8 -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=vfpv3"
export CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=soft -fno-stack-protector -O2 -ffast-math ${ARCH_FLAGS} -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
export CXXFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector" CPPFLAGS="-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE"
export HOST=i686-pc-linux
export BUILD=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
With the Linaro 2012.04 sf binary TC via buildroot.
I configure my system as outlined at minimodding
http://minimodding.com/article9-Kind...ng-custom-apps to run my apps

Last edited by twobob; 10-28-2012 at 10:19 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
static int FB_FlipHWSurface(_THIS, SDL_Surface *surface)
{
if ( switched_away ) {
return -2; /* no hardware access */
}

/* Wait for vertical retrace and then flip display */
cache_vinfo.yoffset = flip_page*surface->h;
if ( FB_IsSurfaceBusy(this->screen) ) {
FB_WaitBusySurfaces(this);
}
wait_vbl(this);
if ( ioctl(console_fd, FBIOPAN_DISPLAY, &cache_vinfo) < 0 ) {
SDL_SetError("ioctl(FBIOPAN_DISPLAY) failed");
return(-1);
}
flip_page = !flip_page;

surface->pixels = flip_address[flip_page];
return(0);
}
seems another likely vector in that code

FBCON_ROTATE_CW seems a handy rotate flag

EDIT: I see nowhere else of interest. All duplicated stuff for VGA or 16 bit work.

Last edited by twobob; 09-27-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: finished first pass
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
twobob

any bets on:

Quote:
static int FB_FlipHWSurface(_THIS, SDL_Surface *surface)
{
if ( switched_away ) {
return -2; /* no hardware access */
}

/* Wait for vertical retrace and then flip display */
cache_vinfo.yoffset = flip_page*surface->h;
if ( FB_IsSurfaceBusy(this->screen) ) {
FB_WaitBusySurfaces(this);
}
wait_vbl(this);
if ( ioctl(console_fd, FBIOPAN_DISPLAY, &cache_vinfo) < 0 ) {
SDL_SetError("ioctl(FBIOPAN_DISPLAY) failed");
return(-1);
}
flip_page = !flip_page;

surface->pixels = flip_address[flip_page];
system("eips '' && usleep 80000");
return(0);
}
From ENABLE_DIAGS?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
twobob

M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.
R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon -
R_LoadTrigTables: Endianness...ok.
R_InitData: Textures Flats Sprites Tranmap build [........]
R_Init: R_InitPlanes R_InitLightTables R_InitSkyMap R_InitTranslationsTables R_InitPatches
P_Init: Init Playloop state.
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
I_InitSound: configured audio device with 1024 samples/slice
I_InitSound: sound module ready
S_Init: Setting up sound.
S_Init: default sfx volume 8
HU_Init: Setting up heads up display.
I_InitGraphics: 96x121
I_UpdateVideoMode: 96x121 (fullscreen)
V_InitMode: using 8 bit video mode
I_SetRes: Using resolution 96x121
I_UpdateVideoMode: 0xe0000000, SDL buffer, direct access
ST_Init: Init status bar.
Couldn't load MIDI from /tmp/prboom-music-2K45lI: Unrecognized music format
G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with doom/doom2 v1.9 compatibility
Couldn't load MIDI from /tmp/prboom-music-2K45lI: Unrecognized music format
P_GetNodesVersion: using normal BSP nodes

HAHAHA! YEAH. got the sound going!!!

AWESOME!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
HAHAHA! YEAH. got the sound going!!!

AWESOME!!!
That is great news! Is it cross-platform yet? Which kindle models does it work on?

For eink updates, we really need to use the cross-platform dither code built into the newtrix demo, which uses an undithered virtual framebuffer in /tmp/...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
twobob

Post Audio up

Audio up.

Kindle 5 only right now. 4bit FB has other problems on K3, revist that later.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
twobob

SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_NOMOUSE=1 prboom -width 121 -height 91 -fullscreen -noaccel -warp 1 1 1

"appears" to successfully start a level.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
twobob

okay so I got it going... kinda...

I actually have Doom demo (with no FB updates ATM) showing on my kindle...

Screenshot to follow.

so we need to fix the updates, cripple xorg (this is the issue as you correctly said) and get it running properly after lining in the relevant control bits.

But I am looking at doom on my kindle. oh yes.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #24
twobob

http://technologizer.com/2010/01/22/...of-course-not/

Killjoy.

Perhaps I can use this:
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# xset --help
xset: unknown option --help

usage: xset [-display host:dpy] option ...
To turn bell off:
-b b off b 0
To set bell volume, pitch and duration:
b [vol [pitch [dur]]] b on
To disable bug compatibility mode:
-bc
To enable bug compatibility mode:
bc
To turn keyclick off:
-c c off c 0
To set keyclick volume:
c [0-100] c on
To control Energy Star (DPMS) features:
-dpms Energy Star features off
+dpms Energy Star features on
dpms [standby [suspend [off]]]
force standby
force suspend
force off
force on
(also implicitly enables DPMS features)
a timeout value of zero disables the mode
To set the font path:
fp= path[,path...]
To restore the default font path:
fp default
To have the server reread font databases:
fp rehash
To remove elements from font path:
-fp path[,path...] fp- path[,path...]
To prepend or append elements to font path:
+fp path[,path...] fp+ path[,path...]
To set LED states off or on:
-led [1-32] led off
led [1-32] led on
-led named 'name' led off
led named 'name' led on
To set mouse acceleration and threshold:
m [acc_mult[/acc_div] [thr]] m default
To set pixel colors:
p pixel_value color_name
To turn auto-repeat off or on:
-r [keycode] r off
r [keycode] r on
r rate [delay [rate]]
For screen-saver control:
s [timeout [cycle]] s default s on
s blank s noblank s off
s expose s noexpose
s activate s reset
For status information: q
[root@kindle root]#
or

Quote:
[root@kindle root]# setterm --help
setterm: Argument error, usage

setterm
[ -term terminal_name ]
[ -reset ]
[ -initialize ]
[ -cursor [on|off] ]
[ -repeat [on|off] ]
[ -appcursorkeys [on|off] ]
[ -linewrap [on|off] ]
[ -default ]
[ -foreground black|blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|white|def ault ]
[ -background black|blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|white|def ault ]
[ -ulcolor black|grey|blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|whit e ]
[ -ulcolor bright blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|white ]
[ -hbcolor black|grey|blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|whit e ]
[ -hbcolor bright blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|white ]
[ -inversescreen [on|off] ]
[ -bold [on|off] ]
[ -half-bright [on|off] ]
[ -blink [on|off] ]
[ -reverse [on|off] ]
[ -underline [on|off] ]
[ -store ]
[ -clear [all|rest] ]
[ -tabs [ tab1 tab2 tab3 ... ] ] (tabn = 1-160)
[ -clrtabs [ tab1 tab2 tab3 ... ] ] (tabn = 1-160)
[ -regtabs [1-160] ]
[ -blank [0-60] ]
[ -dump [1-NR_CONSOLES] ]
[ -append [1-NR_CONSOLES] ]
[ -file dumpfilename ]
[ -msg [on|off] ]
[ -msglevel [0-8] ]
[ -powersave [on|vsync|hsync|powerdown|off] ]
[ -powerdown [0-60] ]
[ -blength [0-2000] ]
[ -bfreq freqnumber ]
more reading required. again. lol
Old 09-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #25
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
okay so I got it going... kinda...

I actually have Doom demo (with no FB updates ATM) showing on my kindle...

Screenshot to follow.

so we need to fix the updates, cripple xorg (this is the issue as you correctly said) and get it running properly after lining in the relevant control bits.

But I am looking at doom on my kindle. oh yes.
I would run it from diags, so no xorg issues. I would automatically QUICKLY reboot diags using kexec and the diags kernel (see my kexec thread). The reboot is extremely fast. And have the "mntus.params" script run Doom, then on exit kexec back to a main kernel.

Or you can just "killall -STOP" xorg and cvm, like my "algorithmic art" scripts do, but then they still occupy mostly full RAM...
Old 09-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
twobob

Man

PRBOOM(6)
Spoiler:
Code:
NAME
       prboom - PrBoom, a version of Doom for Unix, Linux and Windows systems

SYNOPSIS
       prboom  [  -complevel lvl ]  [ -width w ] [ -height h ] [ -viewangle n ] [ -vidmode gl ] [ -[no]fullscreen ] [
       -[no]window ]  [ -iwad iwadname ]  [  -file  wad1  ...  ]  [  -deh  deh_file  ]  [  -noload  ]    [  -loadgame
       {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}  ]  [  -warp  {  map  | epis level } -skill {1,2,3,4,5} ]  [ {-fastdemo,-timedemo,-playdemo}
       demofile [ -ffmap num ] ] [ -record demofile ] [ -solonet ]  [ -net hostname[:port] ] [  -deathmatch  [  -alt‐
       death  ] ] [ { -timer mins | -avg }] ]  [ -nosound ] [ -nosfx ] [ -nomusic] [ -nojoy ] [ -nomouse ] [ -noaccel
       ] [ -nodraw ]  [ -config myconf ] [ -save savedir ]  [ -bexout bexdbg ] [ -debugfile debug_file ] [ -devparm ]
       [ -noblit ] [ -nodrawers ]

DESCRIPTION
       PrBoom  is a version of the 3D shoot'em'up Doom, originally by iD software.  It is based on Boom, a version of
       Doom adapted by TeamTNT (http://www.teamtnt.com/) for DOS. PrBoom uses the SDL library, meaning it can run  on
       a variety of different systems, including Windows, X11, Linux/SVGALib.

Options
       -complevel lvl
              This sets the compatibility mode that PrBoom runs in. If you need to change this, see README.compat.

Video Options
       -width w
              Specifies  the  width  of  the PrBoom window, in pixels. Default is 320, the width must be greater than

-height h
              Specifies the height of the PrBoom window, in pixels. Default is 200, the height must be  greater  than
     -vidmode gl
              Use the OpenGL video mode. The default is to use the software video mode.

-fullscreen, -nofullscreen
              These options toggle fullscreen mode. The default is fullscreen.

-window, -nowindow
              This pair of options also toggle fullscreen mode. They only take effect for this prboom session and  do
              not alter your configuration file.

WAD Options
       -iwad iwadname
              Specifies  the  location  of the IWAD file, typically doom.wad or doom2.wad (or doom2f.wad). This tells
              prboom where the main .wad file that came with the version of Doom that you own is.

-file wad1 ...
              Specifies a list of PWAD files to load in addition to the IWAD file. PWAD  files  modify  the  existing
              Doom  game,  by  adding levels or new sounds or graphics. PWAD files are widely available for download;
              try ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames for starters.

-deh deh_file
              Tells PrBoom to load the dehacked patch deh_file.

Game Options
       -loadgame {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}
              Instructs PrBoom to load the specified saved game immediately.

-warp { map | epis level }
              Tells PrBoom to begin a new game immediately. For Doom 1 or Ultimate Doom, you must specify the episode
              and level number to begin at (epis is 1 for Knee-Deep in the Dead, 2 for Shores of Hell, 3 for Inferno,
              4 for Ultimate Doom; level is between 1 and 9). For Doom ][ or Final Doom, you must specify the map  to
              begin at, which is between 1 and 2 (0 for German Doom ][).
       -skill n
              Tells  PrBoom  to  begin  the  game  at  skill level n (1 for ITYTD, 2 for Not Too Rough, 3 for Hurt Me
              Plenty, 4 for Ultraviolent, 5 for Nightmare).

-respawn
              Tells PrBoom that monsters that die should respawn (come back to life) after a while. Not for the inex‐
              perienced.

-fast  Tells PrBoom to make all the monsters move  react faster. Not for the inexperienced.

-nomonsters
              Tells PrBoom to include no monsters in the game.

Multiplayer Options
       -net hostname[:port]
              Specifies that a TCP/IP network game is to be started. hostname is the name of the machine on which the
              network game server is running (prboom-game-server). For more information about this, see  prboom-game-
              server(6)  and the README that came with prboom. port is the port number on the remote machine to which
              to connect; if not specified, the default of 5030 (which is the default for prboom-game-server(6) )  is
              assumed.   The  server  will configure your PrBoom settings, so that all the players have the same game
              settings (skill, map etc).

Also, the server may specify additional PWAD files to play with; if you do not have the  required  .WAD  file,
       PrBoom  will ask the server for a download path, and attempt to use wget(1) and if necessary unzip(1) to down‐
       load and extract the required WAD.

-port portnum
              Specifies the local port to use to communicate with the server in a netgame.

-deathmatch
              No longer used. Tells PrBoom to begin a deathmatch game, but this is overridden by  the  server's  set‐
              tings. Only works for single play (!).
  -altdeath
              Similar  to  -deathmatch,  but implies a different set of rules for the deathmatch game. No longer used
              (specified by the server).

-timer mins
              No longer used. Specifies that levels will end after mins minutes of play if the level is  still  being
              played, but is overridden by the server in a netgame. Not really useful for single play.

-avg   Equivalent to -timer 20

-solo-net
              Used  to  run  a  single-player  network game, without a network game server. This enables network game
              items & options for an otherwise single-player game; some demos are recorded like this.

Demo (LMP) Options
       -record demofile
              Instructs PrBoom to begin recording a demo, to be stored  in  demofile.lmp.  You  should  specify  game
              options to specify which level and skill to record at.

-playdemo demofile
              Play the recorded demo demofile.lmp

-timedemo demofile
              Play  the  recorded demo demofile.lmp, reporting information about the length of the demo (in gametics)
              afterwards.

-fastdemo demofile
              Play the recorded demo demofile.lmp as fast as possible. Useful for benchmarking PrBoom, as compared to
              other versions of Doom.

-ffmap num
              Fast  forward  the demo (play at max speed) until reaching map num (note that this takes just a number,
              not a map name, so so -ffmap 7 to go fast until MAP07 or ExM7).

I/O Options
       -nosound
              Disables all sound effects and in-game music. This prevents the sound server loading,  which  lets  the
              game run a little faster.

-nosfx Disables  sound  effects  during the game. This does not stop the sound server loading, however, so for
              best performance use -nosound.

-nomusic
              Disables playing of music in the game.

-nojoy Disables joystick support.

-nomouse
              Prevents the mouse being grabbed by the prboom window.

-noaccel
              For prboom, this prevents it using the MITShm server extension for passing the screen  data  to  the  X
              server.  This option may be required if the X server is not local. For lsdoom, this tells lsdoom not to
              use the accelerated graphics functions that SVGALib provides even when  they  are  supported  for  your
              video card (normally this is autodetected).

-1, -2, -3
              Specifies the scale factor by which to enlarge the window. The default, -1, displays the normal 320x200
              pixel Doom screen (or whatever size is specified by the -width and -height parameters or in the  config
              file for prboom).  If this window is too small, try using -2 or -3 to enlarge the window.  -nodraw Sup‐
              press all graphical display. Only for debugging & demo testing.

Configuration
       -config myconf
              Loads an alternative configuration file, named myconf. The default is boom.cfg(5), taken from the  same
              directory as PrBoom was run from, except when running with OpenGL, then the default is glboom.cfg(5).

-save savedir
             Causes prboom to save games in the directory specified by savedir instead of ~/.prboom/.

Debugging/Profiling Options
       -devparm
              Development mode. Mostly redundant these days, but it does force non-lazy generation of texture lookups
              which can be useful for level authors debugging PWADs.

-debugfile debug_file
              Causes some debugging information, mainly network info I believe, to be written to the  named  file  as
              prboom runs.

-nodrawers
              Causes  no  rendering  to  be done. The only conceivable use of this is (a) a multiplayer server (b) to
              test the speed of the other routines in the program, when combined with -timedemo.

-noblit
              Causes no copying to the screen from the rendering buffer to be performed. The only conceivable use  of
              this  is (a) a multiplayer server (b) to test the speed of the other routines in the program, when com‐
              bined with -timedemo.

-bexout bexdbg
              Causes diagnostics related to bex and dehacked file processing to be written to the names file.

More Information
       wget(1), unzip(1), boom.cfg(5), prboom-game-server(6)

For more information, see the README that came with PrBoom, the Boom documentation,  and  your  original  Doom
       documentation.

Doom is a registered trademark of id software (http://www.idsoftware.com/).
Old 09-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #27
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I would run it from diags, so no xorg issues. I would automatically QUICKLY reboot diags using kexec and the diags kernel (see my kexec thread). The reboot is extremely fast. And have the "mntus.params" script run Doom, then on exit kexec back to a main kernel.

Or you can just "killall -STOP" xorg and cvm, like my "algorithmic art" scripts do, but then they still occupy mostly full RAM...
Okay take pity. Give me a clue.

I can't find the thread, My 5 doesn't allow 22 port access (even via usbnetworking) in diags. what am I missing? thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
geekmaster

There is an update package from ixtab that installs k5 diags networking:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2202022

It is easier than using fastboot to flash diags+ssh.

Then the N-U-Z-X menu.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-27-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
twobob

Joy of Joys I will go check it out.

I actually can get it to display without much problem in the front end - while running Xorg - but the xorg is toppermost so I have to use wangles to get it to the top...

(like running a fullscreen WAF and other horrible hacks I am trying)

Possibly DIAG's will fix it and give me a better testing bed.

But ostensibly, with no inputs, and no FB flush (ATM, without manual massage), I have doom running fully on the 5.

Diags here I come. SS to follow. Also need to make a quick screenshots button... perhaps reprogram the "store" button for now.

SSH probably has something to offer. perhaps I should just dump the fb0 to file?
I'll read up. my old perl wangle is no good via non cert ssh.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #30
twobob

Ah.. Hmm... Update your kindle is Grayed out...

Confuzzled. Will ask Ixtab