Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
MrFrostyUK
MrFrostyUK began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Question Someone please tell me a story of how to remove the cover!

Hi's everyone.. I'm new to these forums so muchos apologies if this has been asked many times before.. but I've got a problem...

I recently bought an iriver story and the thing has now gone and froze on me (when I plugged it into the lappy).. I browsed briefly though the forums for solutions (pressing reset button, reset button and power on/off button, plugging in usb cable) all to no avail.. Now I've possibly come to the decision that I may need to pop the battery in and out but the ruddy thing is locked up tighter then my girlfriends purse! (hopefully she doesn't read these forums)... Can anybody give me a quick guide in how to take the cover/screen out without breaking the thing.

Thanks in advance for any help
MrFrostyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
4 screws under the four small pads on the bottom, 2 screw on the power button side, one under the lift off sd/usb cover and one under the headphone cover. Pull top of of bottom by easing something between layers. It has catches all the way round. Once the back is off you will be able to lever out the battery connector.

THE SCREEN IS REALLY FRAGILE. DO NOT TWIST OR PRESS HARD WHILST TRYING TO REMOVE THE BATTERY CONNECTOR.

You have been warned.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Ouch. Good luck, Mr Frosty.

Mine's just back from the distributor, having frozen for the first time and refusing to reboot. It's been away for six weeks, which is ridiculous, so I understand your wanting to fix it yourself.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote