Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Maxim
Maxim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Question How to suppress "internal" hyperlinks highlight in Sony PRS-600?

I wanted to create button-style text hyperlinks for navigation within my ePub.

However I noticed that SONY PRS-600 applies its own highlight to hyperlinks that reference other XHTML documents within the same ePub file (or a document fragment in the same XHTML document). It does so in addition to my custom styling, which leads to ugly results.

Is there any way to suppress the highlight applied by the device to such hyperlinks?

Otherwise I would have to drop my custom styling and rely on the device-imposed highlight, which is passable but not quite nice-looking.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This would be best asked over in the new Sony forum.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Maxim
Maxim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Jon: thanks for the tip.

Still haven't found a workaround...
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't think there is a workaround.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I think Jon is right!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
I find this behavior on the Sony a bit distracting as well. It seems in the case of books one might encode for oneself, hyperlinking to only the first character of a phrase might make things a little easier on the eyes. But I suppose without a bit of automation, re-formatting an entire book full of hyperlinks could prove to be a major pain.

Just thinking out loud here...
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote