Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Well I had changed all the dates to yyyy/mm/dd format when I got that strange sorting with the partial dates in my example where the yyyy dates ended up getting sorted partway through the yyyy/mm dates. I did also set the composite column to sort by date right from the start. It doesn't really matter though. I don't have any real dates that are yyyy/mm, just full dates or just the year. I was simply curious about why that was happening.

The test y thing worked. I had actually tried that before in several variations, but I thought I had to tack it on to the end of the template rather than enclosing everything else inside the test y. So no more phantom dates.

Thanks again for all your help.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythe42 View Post
Well I had changed all the dates to yyyy/mm/dd format when I got that strange sorting with the partial dates in my example where the yyyy dates ended up getting sorted partway through the yyyy/mm dates. I did also set the composite column to sort by date right from the start. It doesn't really matter though. I don't have any real dates that are yyyy/mm, just full dates or just the year. I was simply curious about why that was happening.
Hmmm... It shouldn't happen and doesn't happen for me with either the old or the new db. See the screen capture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	109
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	109408

I can't explain why you are getting something different unless you are entering spaces in the dates somewhere.
Quote:
The test y thing worked. I had actually tried that before in several variations, but I thought I had to tack it on to the end of the template rather than enclosing everything else inside the test y. So no more phantom dates.

Thanks again for all your help.
You are welcome.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Hmmm... It shouldn't happen and doesn't happen for me with either the old or the new db. See the screen capture.

I can't explain why you are getting something different unless you are entering spaces in the dates somewhere.
Yeah I don't know. I don't remember putting any spaces in. I had deleted all the test dates and I put in some more again and it's not sorting them in that funny way anymore. *shrugs and plays the Twilight Zone theme*
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote