Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #16
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I applaud your efforts kind sirs.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Also be sure to put these up as reviews for the DX. I just put mine up. Gave it a 3.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #18
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Excellent point Gideon. I'll do the same.
BTW, I got a standard form letter back in response -- Thanks for writing... We'll consider your feedback... etc.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #19
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I've not even gotten that from mine.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #20
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
karma to all of you letter writers!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
Terrific letter. I'd add just one more thing -- the ability to use a foreign language dictionary in place of the dictionary supplied. It would be very helpful when reading foreign language books.
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #22
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Really nice letter!

What made me pause was your mention of the page turn buttons being removed from the left side. I apparently hadn't paid much attention to the pics of the DX because I didn't realize that this had happened. That would drive me crazy.

Even though I'm a righty, I normally hold my K2 in my left hand. (That's why the crazy creaking noise my first K2 made drove me bonkers.)

I wonder if there has been a thread regarding how people hold their various devices? Hmm....

Last edited by Witchbaby; 06-19-2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: accidental smiley :o
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #23
dancin86
dancin86 began at the beginning.

Device: Mobipocket Reader for Smart PDA...but I want a Kindle 2
Great letter. I don't own a Kindle, yet. The issues you mentioned are some of the reasons I have not jumped to get one just yet.
dancin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #24
Elphaba
Disney Addict
Elphaba began at the beginning.

Great job on the letters.

The lack of folders or some other way to organize my books on the Kindle is really my only issue with the K2. I only have about 50 books on my Kindle atm but once I build up my library I can see how navigating to a specific book will be a royal pita.

Odds are folder support will be a part of K3, why give it to people that already own Kindles when you can use it as a marketing feature for the next generation.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
dftr
dftr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Thinking about writing a letter along the same lines...

The Kindle DX is my first ereader, and while I enjoy the books I've started again, the frustration in dealing w/ pdfs is killing me.

I'm 50/50 on sending my Kindle back as that may have more of an impact than words...
dftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

I haven't seen support for Word .doc or .rtf files mentioned anywhere.

Also, the ability to have the Kindle "phone home" if lost... idea is to remotely turn on a screensaver that gives the owner's contact info, and prevents the Kindle from either being read or content deleted.. in effect locking the Kindle.

Don
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote