Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-16-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
Shackbase
Shackbase began at the beginning.

Device: Axim x30 624mhz
Hello Everyone - I'm Tony

Hey everyone,

I am new to this community, was led here by my buddy Alexander; so I figured I would say hi and introduce myself in a quick questionair way with more info than you probably care to know about me.

Name: Tony Lindskog
Nickname: Tone, Tone-Tone, Valuehosted and ShackBase
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 190
Hair: Dark-Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Born: Eskilstuna, Sweden

Hobbies: Working on a ton of different projects all day long and night, family, diaper changing (not a hobby per se but it takes up a HUGE part of my day)

Relationship Status: Married with 4 kids

PDA: Axim X30 624mhz

Fav Music: A lot of different things, most anything from the 80s, top 40, basically anything but thrash, blues or jazz.

Education: Business Management Bachelor

Military: Swedish Armed Forces - Arctic Ranger

Work: Sales Support (LogicNow) and owner of Shack Base

Favorite Food: Italian, Chineese, MEAT (the juicier the better)

Favorite Movies: Top gun, Knights Tale, Pulp Fiction, Anything new and exciting at the movies

Favorite TV Shows: West Wing, Navy NCIS, JAG, Friends, The Family Guy

Favorite Video Games: Battlefield series (BFV currently), MOH series and Call of Duty and simulators (airplane/submarine)

Stuff you Dislike: There are days where I dislike the whole human race but then someone does something to turn me around.
Shackbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:23 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Hi there Tony and welcome to MobileRead!

Arctic Ranger? That sounds cool
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #3
Shackbase

Thanks Morpheus - I greatly appreciate that!

--Tone
Old 04-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Glad to have you here Stackbase.
Wow... four kids! Don't know how you survived!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 AM   #5
Shackbase

Bobr.. ehrm. sHackbase.. and thank you!

It's not over yet - oldest 2 (daughters) are 6 and 14 - they are just now starting to become problems...

The youngest two, 1 and 2 - boys... have been problems from day one..

--Tone
Advert
Old 04-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
Shackbase

Morpheus,

The 22nd infantry is now closed down - no longer needed to protect the west against the evil Russian empire... here's some info about us though; http://www.members.tripod.com/arcticranger/ if you are interested.

--Tone
Old 04-17-2005, 08:06 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi Shackbase, welcome to MR! I know kids are a hand full, I have 3 of my own (8 year old girl and twin 5 year old boys....)

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
Shackbase

Craig,

The girl I'm sure is self sufficient, twin boys though - sounds busy!

--Tone
Old 04-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #9
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh no, she's a princess, believe me!

The boys are a bit of a handful. You don't realise just how different they are to girls until you have both. There really is something hardwired there

Oh, and they both have type 1/juvenile diabetes, which complicates things a bit.

Even so, each one is a joy, and I love them to death. Having said that, aftern the twins were born, we (me and the wife I mean) made sure we couldn't repeat that performance, if you know what I mean...

Craig.

Craig.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 AM   #10
Shackbase

yeah the wife and I did the same - abstinense seem to work great for HER.

sorry to hear about your boys diabetes, but like you said, every day is a joy with the kids.. my youngest Brody is about 16 months now and seriously, I cannot remember how life was before him... and he is a red head like his mother, thinking there will be a lot of hair coloring or crew cuts when he grows up... but that won't curb his... fiery attitude... takes that after his mother if you ask me.

Just going to have to ask... your avatar... i thought it was you, but your clearly older than that and the kid reminds me of someone.. what gives?

--Tone
Old 04-21-2005, 12:05 AM   #11
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

Actually, it's a never winter nights character I picked up somewhere ages ago, which looks a little like me if you squint really, really hard and push your knuckles into your eyes. Oh, and I liked the look of it... I'm 37, so I'm a bit older than the avatar... lol

Craig.

Kids are the best contraceptive in the world....
Old 04-22-2005, 12:09 AM   #12
Shackbase

i like that squint really hard and push your knuckles into your eyes.. a lot of stars Im sure..

and yeah - kids are great contraceptives... or detterents (sic?) for future... kids...

--Tone
Old 04-27-2005, 07:33 AM   #13
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!
Techick began at the beginning.

Device: NX80 and Treo 650
Hey Tony, I lived in Crystal Lake in 1997 and 1998....small world
Techick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #14
Shackbase

atleast you moved away - you're the brighter of us two..

Viginia.. Navy man?

--Tone
Old 04-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #15
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackbase
Viginia.. Navy man?
Or rather: Navy woman?
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote