Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Ericp
Ericp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Sovos Reader
Cover Browser goes blank.

Sorry if this has a discussion somewhere, but I cannot find anything.

Trying to manipulate a large database using the cover browser, I have discovered that the browser breaks down and goes blank if a certain number of records is passed.

This number is 32768. Up to this record number the browser works well but passing this number results in a blank browser.

The number 32768 is familiar for some reason, perhaps I exceed a set variable?

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Ericp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
32768 = 2**15

Sounds like an integer overflow, however since the cover browser use the int datatype which is capable of storing much larger numbers, I dont see why 2**15 should overflow, and I really dont feel like creating such a large library to track it down.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I remembered I had a script to generate large database with random data and used it to generate a library with 40k entries. Covers for entries number 40,000 and 39,999 showed up in the cover browser for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote