Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
adrian142
adrian142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Italic font switch, but not back anymore

At the moment I am having some woes with the conversion of a book (rtf-format) to Kindle (mobi-format).

On the first try it switched on one of the first pages to UPPERCASE ITALIC letters and not back anymore.

When searching the original I found the UPPERCASE issue,but I still have the ITALIC problem remaining.

Are You able to help with a tipp? The RTF seems correct. No wrong ITALIC letters.

Could send You the RTF, too, if You want to have alook at it.
adrian142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Do you have access to software which can save your RTF as HTML e.g. MSWord. If you examine the HTML file in a text editor you may get a better idea of what's going wrong.

Alternatively, if you use the Convert - Debug feature, you can capture the HTML which Calibre extracts from your RTF during the conversion to MOBI. This will also help you diagnose the problem. I usually find the HTML in the Debug Input subdirectory the most helpful.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert