Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-20-2022, 07:08 AM   #1
dmpop
dmpop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Libra 2
KOReader and rsync

Hello,

First time poster here! :-) First of all, kudos to KOReader's developers for building such a fantastic application. In addition to KOReader, I also installed NiLuJe's Kobo Stuff, and I'm trying to use rsync as an alternative backup solution. It works fine for pushing stuff to a remote machine:

rsync -avhz --delete -P -e "ssh -p 22" /mnt/onboard/Library/ user@127.0.0.1:/path/to/library

But rsyncing the opposing way (rsync -avhz --delete -P -e "ssh -p 22" user@127.0.0.1:/path/to/library/ /mnt/onboard/Library, gives me a bunch of errors:

Click image for larger version

Name:	JEyWwpF.png
Views:	132
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	193385

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thank you,
Dmitri

Last edited by issybird; 04-20-2022 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Oversize image attached as thumbnail. Please read the guidelines for limits on image size.
dmpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:41 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We'll need the actual output from a real shell, as rsync is usually fairly verbose, and that's just a mangled bit of output .

At a very quick glance, given the vfat shenanigans, I'd guess you need to disable preserving permissions (user/group/mode). I don't recall the exact flag off the top of my head, but it's a negation of part of what -a does, IIRC.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:29 AM   #3
dmpop

Thank you very much for your reply, NiLuJe! I had the same thought just before falling asleep last night. :-) I did some digging this morning, and I think you are right. All error messages are related to chown, and of course, it's vfat, so... I'll try to see if I can make rsync work without the -a parameter.

Once again, thank you for your reply and the amazing work you and other KOreader contributors do!

Kind regards,
Dmitri
Old 04-23-2022, 10:37 AM   #4
dmpop

A quick follow-up.

Indeed, the "vfat shenanigans" were the culprit. Adding the --no-g and --no-o parameters solved the problem.

Kind regards,
Dmitri

Tags
koreader, rsync, ssh