Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Unable to download a book

I hope this is the right place to ask for advice, because I couldn't find a solution elsewhere.

I bought a kindle book, however, when I tried to send it to my Viewsonic gtablet, I couldn't because I was supposed to download an update to Kindle for android. When I tried to do that on the kindleforandroid page I couldn't because:

We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase. Please refer to the terms of use for this product to determine the geographical restrictions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I can't use the Amazon app store for the same reason.

I also can't download this particular book to my Kindle for PC because again, I am supposed to update my software. I did that, but I still got te following message when I tried to open my book:

What am I supposed to do to get my book?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Is your Amazon account registered in the same country in which you purchased the book?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it is.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Without knowing more specifics, it is diifficult to troubleshoot. Is the account in the U.S.? Did the Kindle for Android app come pre-installed on your tablet or did you install the app? From the information you have provided it would seem that you have software/books, hardware, or accounts that are not in the same geographical location (on record).
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
citac
Fanatic

I installed the app, though I can't remember where I downloaded the apk from (I think it made have been via SlideME app on my tablet since I have no access to Google Market and did not root the device.

I have an amazon.co.uk and amazon.com account. My billing address is in my home country, and my credit card is also issued in my home country. I have never registered an account using a foreign address. I checked my amazon account, and the country settings show as my own country. Usually, if I want to get a book that is geographically restricted, it is plainly shown on the page, but here it seems the only reason I can't access it is because my kindle for PC isn't updated, but the version installed is 1.9.3, last updated 4/15/2012.

The book in question was purchased from the amazon.com account as were all my other books, and I never had a problem with any of them. I checked some of them, and I can access them all.
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
citac
Fanatic

No ideas, anyone?

At the very least, can someone point me to where I could find the latest apk so I can install it myself and see whether it's truly just that I need an update? Otherwise I will have to return the book for a refund. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would recommend that you contact Kindle Customer Service.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
No ideas, anyone?

At the very least, can someone point me to where I could find the latest apk so I can install it myself and see whether it's truly just that I need an update? Otherwise I will have to return the book for a refund. Thanks in advance.
1Mobile has the latest. It's where most of us Kindle Fire users get our apks to be sideloaded.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
1Mobile has the latest. It's where most of us Kindle Fire users get our apks to be sideloaded.
Thank you so much - I installed the new version and it's currently downloading my book. I will definitely bookmark this page for the future.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would recommend that you contact Kindle Customer Service.
I normally would, but since both my Kindle for PC and Kindle for Android were sending the same note on the upgrade, I suspected customer service would say the same. It turns out the issue was the need for an update, which I've resolved now with Blossom's help.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard

Glad you found a simple solution.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Thank you so much - I installed the new version and it's currently downloading my book. I will definitely bookmark this page for the future.
I suspect the book may be KF8 format. The latest K4PC 1.9.3 should also allow you download your book.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle for pc