Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Transfer to Device Problem

Does someone know why when I 'Transfer to Device' with a Kindle 3 in Mobi Format using Calibre the Menu that comes up in only giving one option Main Drive and or a or b eg: > Send to Device/Specific Format (no)/
main memory (Yes) The books are going into the "Documents Folder" in the Kindle not the eBook Folder or the others (Music and Audio) but if I move them manually into eBook Folder they are not listed on the start up eg: No book to select It's not a big problem, but I was just wondering why I can't select one of the other Folders instead of Just Documents.

Can someone explain how some books have darker writing on some pages and no Paragraph spaces and show ? or # before and after some words Thanks in advance Guy's happy Reading Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
All books are supposed to be in the Documents folder. That's why there's only one option.

As for the other problems, you'll find that formatting varies between ebooks. If the book is DRM-free you can do a mobi-to-mobi conversion in calibre and select the option to add a space between paragraphs if you wish. The ?, # or other random characters are a sign that someone didn't edit the book properly for conversion issues, or there's some encoding in the file that's not compatible.

The difference in text darkness is something I've only encountered in PDF files, but I wonder if Topaz might have this issue as well. I don't know much about Topaz because when I inadvertently end up with one, I convert it as soon as possible.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Thank You CWatkinsNash, for your advice it is greatly appreciated Cobba my best wishes to you" sleep tight, regards Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote