Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you're SUCH a bachelor!
There's enough to worry about. Why complicate things with cooking?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Every summer I stock up. I discovered Stagg Chili is so good, I can eat cold. The only place I know that sells it is Costco, but since I never go there anymore, I just order it from the Hormel store.
I hate the taste of Stagg chili; tastes too much like unicorn.

I prefer Nalley's or store brands.
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #33
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Ahh, my ipod doesn't do that but the windup/solar radio has come in handy for me.
I was surprised at my docking station, it's an off brand, can't remember what it is, but anyway, I didn't even discover the battery bit until the first power outage after I had it. and it has a radio alone without the device capability as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There's enough to worry about. Why complicate things with cooking?
oh... health reasons?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
oh... health reasons?
The stuff's already cooked.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #35
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The stuff's already cooked.
go take a gander at what it is cooked WITH!
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
go take a gander at what it is cooked WITH!
Tuna, sardines, canned fruit and veggies???
Old 02-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #37
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm a little shocked that no one has mentioned solar chargers here. Often the snowstorms themselves arent longer than the life of an e-reader, its the cleanup and long lasting power outages afterwards that are the problem.
Mind you, I speak being from a hurrican region and not a snow region, so correct me if I'm wrong. But this little fella is indespensible for me. i usually leave it on the dash of my car and never have a dead device.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #38
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

yep! go look at the sodium, and fat content. pay particular attention to hydrogenated vegetable oil levels, and corn syrup as well
Old 02-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #39
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm a little shocked that no one has mentioned solar chargers here. Often the snowstorms themselves arent longer than the life of an e-reader, its the cleanup and long lasting power outages afterwards that are the problem.
Mind you, I speak being from a hurrican region and not a snow region, so correct me if I'm wrong. But this little fella is indespensible for me. i usually leave it on the dash of my car and never have a dead device.
ha! most of our weather events here go along with relatively little sun. I can see where it would be quite handy in hurricane land though!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
yep! go look at the sodium, and fat content. pay particular attention to hydrogenated vegetable oil levels, and corn syrup as well
It's just a day or two and it doesn't apply to everything on the list.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-03-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #41
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
ha! most of our weather events here go along with relatively little sun. I can see where it would be quite handy in hurricane land though!
Its good for a backup either way. You can actually charge it up via USB or wall when you have power and it will hold the charge for at least 6 months. But yeah, i dont really expect you to have much sun in your neck of the woods.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #42
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
stock up on food that can be heated on a grill or does not need cooking
I think it's implied in KK's statement, but I wanted to point out that one should NEVER use a charcoal grill INDOORS.
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #43
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK2111 View Post
I think it's implied in KK's statement, but I wanted to point out that one should NEVER use a charcoal grill INDOORS.
yeah, that's Darwin Award worthy
Old 02-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #44
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Every summer I stock up. I discovered Stagg Chili is so good, I can eat cold. The only place I know that sells it is Costco, but since I never go there anymore, I just order it from the Hormel store.
Yuk! Cold chili? The grease congeals on my dentures!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #45
sunnyh
sunnyh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I think all of the previous suggestions are worth noting!! If you have a wood stove, you're one step ahead, as you can get your heat and cook on it. I lived in Alaska for years and all I can say is keep your snow shovel handy, and don't go out in a blizzard unless you really have to. Other then that, snuggle up with a Kindle, and enjoy!!
sunnyh is offline   Reply With Quote