Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 06:25 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unfortunately it's not available on the Kindle to those of us who live outside the US. Luckily, though, I can buy it in ePub format elsewhere .

I wonder if it's available for the Sony? I haven't checked on that; regardless, if it is available it'll probably cost more money.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #17
crionox
Enthusiast
crionox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, iPhone, iPad
Topaz?

Any educated guesses on whether it will be a topaz book or not? Under the technical details it has fields for pages and file size, but since the file size is obviously a dummy amount at the moment... I'd pre-order if I knew, but I prefer for my ebook purchases to be "portable"* (as they say).

(updated: *= errr, liberated...)

Last edited by crionox; 12-09-2009 at 10:38 AM.
crionox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by crionox View Post
Any educated guesses on whether it will be a topaz book or not? Under the technical details it has fields for pages and file size, but since the file size is obviously a dummy amount at the moment... I'd pre-order if I knew, but I prefer for my book purchases to be "portable" (as they say).
Can't get a sample yet to check. So far none of my King books has been Topaz. Think about it, a $35 3 lb book for $7.99 and 0 oz (or 10 oz if you count the weight of the Kindle). How much more portable can you get.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #19
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Since I am already half done with the book, I think I will leave the $9 price be.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #20
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Since I am already half done with the book, I think I will leave the $9 price be.
Then would you mind answering HarryT's inquiry as to whether you end up getting charged the lower price, once you receive it?
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #21
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I wonder if it's available for the Sony? I haven't checked on that; regardless, if it is available it'll probably cost more money.

Don
It's not listed yet on the Sony site. I'm guessing, it'll be on there after Sony puts their new site on the Web this Friday (11 Dec)
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Then would you mind answering HarryT's inquiry as to whether you end up getting charged the lower price, once you receive it?
Daffy, I would love to, but since the book was directed to my lost kindle, and I wanted to change it to my current kindle, it seemed easier to just cancel and reorder in the name of that kindle.

Now I feel so flush with cash!!!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #23
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Daffy, I would love to, but since the book was directed to my lost kindle, and I wanted to change it to my current kindle, it seemed easier to just cancel and reorder in the name of that kindle.

Now I feel so flush with cash!!!!

Sorry HarryT, we've all abandoned you.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
It's not listed yet on the Sony site. I'm guessing, it'll be on there after Sony puts their new site on the Web this Friday (11 Dec)
The current version of the eBook Store doesn't let you reserve/pre-order eBooks. Do we think that's changing with the new version this Friday??
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #25
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Got my copy this morning and I have just looked at my e-mail and it seems that Amazon has only charged me $7.20 for it!

I guess this takes some wind out of the sales of the delaying the ebook theory, considering that the price has dropped about 27% from the original pre-order price of $9.99!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #26
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sad to say the Sony store has it ... for $24.50.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #27
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Finished reading it the other day.....really enjoyed it...shades of The Stand with a great cast of characters, lots of stories. I so like vintage King, and this was right in keeping with those earlier tales, IMHO!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #28
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
Finished reading it the other day.....really enjoyed it...shades of The Stand with a great cast of characters, lots of stories. I so like vintage King, and this was right in keeping with those earlier tales, IMHO!
Great! I feel the same way about the old vs. new King...
We got the pbook for our daughter for Christmas....so I guess I'll save the money and just borrow her copy when she is done.

I'll read it the old fashioned way...

Bob
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #29
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

It downloaded last night and the final price was $7.20! Very interesting.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #30
cherylanita
cherylanita began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 600
Kobobooks

For those of us who dont have a kindle- Kobobooks has "Under the Dome" for 9.99. When I went to Sony Reader store this morning I almost passed out! 24.99.
Go to Kobobooks and use the 25% off coupon and it's just 7.00 and change.
cherylanita is offline   Reply With Quote