Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
twilightsenpai
twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 4
Removing ads in firm 4.1.0?

Hi,

I used to remove the ads in my kindle "special offers" with the old .assets method, but this doesnt work anymore with firmware 4.1.0.

Suggestion?

Ideas?

Thanks for your help.
twilightsenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightsenpai View Post
Hi,

I used to remove the ads in my kindle "special offers" with the old .assets method, but this doesnt work anymore with firmware 4.1.0.

Suggestion?

Ideas?

Thanks for your help.
The ads are part of the purchase agreement you made with Amazon for the reduced price.

If you don't want ads, pay Amazon for the no-ads model.

This forum has a rule against subverting legal agreements.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can remove the ads permanently ($30 or $40?) by going to http://www.amazon.com/myk

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...90#unsubscribe
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The ads are part of the purchase agreement you made with Amazon for the reduced price.

If you don't want ads, pay Amazon for the no-ads model.

This forum has a rule against subverting legal agreements.
Actually, the site mods said that discussing ad removal is okay here, as decided by the site owner. There are threads dedicated to that. But most of the developers here are of the opinion that you are mostly on your own if you want to do that. What you cannot do is post direct links to copyrighted material without permission from the content owner, and you cannot give details or link to web pages that show how to do illegal stuff like "theft of service" tethering... Breaking a TOS agreement is a personal choice, but theft of service is illegal. Removing ads is just a TOS issue...

EDIT: This was recently discussed in another thread. The site mods and site owner do not like to see posts about cheating amazon and violating the TOS, and may occasionally insert "warning" to guide the discussion, but they will not delete posts or punish the posters for this, as long as the discussion is kept "family friendly". At least that is how I interpret it.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-13-2012 at 09:56 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #5
Gondolkodo
Gondolkodo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
Hello guys,

here is the methode, it worked for me:
CLICK HERE
Gondolkodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
twilightsenpai
twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.

You did that with 4.1.0?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
Gondolkodo

Yes, I tested that with the new, 4.1.0 firmware (K4 NT SO)
Old 06-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
twilightsenpai

Wow, im reading the "how to" and looks like chinese to me.

What's the root password for kindle 4 in this firm?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
Gondolkodo

I used what I have got here: http://members.ping.de/~sven/kindle.html
I had luck, the 4.0.1 was good. Give it a try

Why should it be chinese?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
twilightsenpai

i sent you a pm.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolkodo View Post
I used what I have got here: http://members.ping.de/~sven/kindle.html
I had luck, the 4.0.1 was good. Give it a try

Why should it be chinese?
It is not Chinese. It is called Linux.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
Gondolkodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It is not Chinese. It is called Linux.
[OFF]I know, twilightsenpai doesn't[/OFF]
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolkodo View Post
[OFF]I know, twilightsenpai doesn't[/OFF]
Oops... I quoted the wrong post.

Anyway, I do not see much resemblance between Chinese and Linux. They use different character sets...
Old 06-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
twilightsenpai

It was a joke, i knew it was linux. But i have windows here. :/
Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightsenpai View Post
It was a joke, i knew it was linux. But i have windows here. :/
Windows commands do not work well at a kindle SSH command prompt. They need to be translated to linux.