Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Before sleep...take screenshot and copy into screensavers..help needed

hi all, i would like to make a simple hack or modify the existing ss hack to do the following:

On auto or manual sleep:

1. take screenshot of current page (launchpad can do this with 3xshift)
2. copy or move this file from root into linkss/screensavers
3. kindle will use this file as screen saver (folder will be empty and filename fixed to 'screensaver'.png

kind regards
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Wouldn't this be terribly confusing? You couldn't tell whether the Kindle was turned on or off!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
1. take screenshot of current page (launchpad can do this with 3xshift)
2. copy or move this file from root into linkss/screensavers
3. kindle will use this file as screen saver (folder will be empty and filename fixed to 'screensaver'.png
2.5. Reboot Kindle (because the current ss hack requires a reboot after changing images).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
2.5. Reboot Kindle (because the current ss hack requires a reboot after changing images).
that's only if files are added or removed from the ss folder i think (to re-index them).

if you keep a fixed file called 'screensaver'.bmp in there and replace it the screensaver should update ok.

confusing? possibly, but i've always wanted my kindle to do this on sleep. i use it to read allot of sheet music and have one page open sometime for hours at a time when i practice. the sony readers offer this option as standard i think.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
that's only if files are added or removed from the ss folder i think (to re-index them).

if you keep a fixed file called 'screensaver'.bmp in there and replace it the screensaver should update ok.

confusing? possibly, but i've always wanted my kindle to do this on sleep. i use it to read allot of sheet music and have one page open sometime for hours at a time when i practice. the sony readers offer this option as standard i think.
First you should find a way to use a *.bmp file as a screensaver. The problem is that screensaver hack does not support .bmp files.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
max99
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
First you should find a way to use a *.bmp file as a screensaver. The problem is that screensaver hack does not support .bmp files.
really? had no idea about that.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Mario1up
Connoisseur
Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3/G
There is a thread literally about five topics down that does just what you're looking for. It's called ssknap.

Last edited by Mario1up; 08-29-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Mario1up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
max99
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario1up View Post
There is a thread literally about five topics down that does just what you're looking for. It's called ssknap.
it only works on k3s, i have a dx

my frustration had led me to this point.....trying to do it myself. it seems so simple but utterly elusive!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
max99
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Very interesting hack, i will try..
best of luck...i'm cheering for you
Old 08-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #10
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
you may have better luck with just hacking to stop it from going into sleep mode. I think there's a way. Search this forum or google.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #11
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
you may have better luck with just hacking to stop it from going into sleep mode. I think there's a way. Search this forum or google.
No need to hack for this (at least on Kindle 3)
just enter this commands on home.( You can open the search bar by pressing to del button.) Then
Code:
;debugOn
~disableScreensaver
;debugOff
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote