Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
igormorgado
Reader
igormorgado began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
902 New owner questions

Heya!

I recieved my brand new 902 today. Im very happy =) Starting to read some things just to test.

After that I have pushed some books (100 or more) to my SD, but what a mess. I cannot sort books by name, author, surname or search the tags (all them set on calibre). My covers do not display (just empty rectangles with book name written). And I dont have any Gender (except those from default books ).

1. How can I add "gender" to my books on calibre to make them more browsable in PB902?

2. How can I use calibre to add covers to my books on PB902?

3. How can I browse calibre tags on Pocket book?

4. Can I add more Categories on the left side of library app?

5. How can I freely add more dictionaries (as EN-EN / EN-PT / EN-GB / GB-EN / ES-PT ).

6. What is the maximul allowed PDF size, I tried a 20mb and it complains about his size.

7. Some pdf books has a big white margin, can I reduce it?

8. How can I display the books in same series all them near each other ? (example: being able to list the serie in those categories on left side)

BTW, I really enjoyed pb902 till now =D

Last edited by igormorgado; 03-05-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: better questions (and more) (numbered questions)
igormorgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by igormorgado View Post
Heya!

I recieved my brand new 902 today. Im very happy =) Starting to read some things just to test.

After that I have pushed some books (100 or more) to my SD, but what a mess. I cannot sort books by name, author, surname or search the tags (all them set on calibre). My covers do not display (just empty rectangles with book name written). And I dont have any Gender (except those from default books ).

How can I add "gender" to my books on calibre to make them more browsable in PB902?

How can I use calibre to add covers to my books on PB902?

How can I browse calibre tags on Pocket book?

Can I add more Categories on the left side of library app?

How can I freely add more dictionaries (as EN-EN / EN-PT / EN-GB / GB-EN / ES-PT ).

What is the maximul allowed PDF size, I tried a 20mb and it complains about his size.

Some pdf books has a big white margin, can I reduce it?

How can I display the books in same series all them near each other ? (example: being able to list the serie in those categories on left side)

BTW, I really enjoyed pb902 till now =D
Hello and welcome,
answers to question 1,2 and 7 is quite simple: "You can't"

3/4: If your books are epub files you can tag them in Calibre and it will schow up as "Gender" in the left scrollbar. You can tell Calibre to store them in a certain folder structure (e.g. {tags}/{title}) in "settings-> store to device"

5: Put them in "system->dictionaries"

6: No clue

8: Name them e.g. A01blabla, A02the blabla, B01help, B02more help.....

Have fun
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
I did read someplace that at about 100mb it doesn't just complain but refuses to display it.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
igormorgado
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post

8: Name them e.g. A01blabla, A02the blabla, B01help, B02more help.....
This will be damn bad, since all my books are fully categorized on calibre, any guide available guide to do that without mess with my Calibre Bookshelf?

(since renaming calibre books will make the db inconsistent)
Old 03-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igormorgado View Post
This will be damn bad, since all my books are fully categorized on calibre, any guide available guide to do that without mess with my Calibre Bookshelf?

(since renaming calibre books will make the db inconsistent)
Unfortunately nothing I know about, but if you want to Tag your library according to my tip, you'll have to delete and rewrite the books to device anyway, somaybe It's not too big an issue to rename them with a two or three character digit in front of the Title, at least you'll have them in the correct order in the various tag-folders
Old 03-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
igormorgado
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Unfortunately nothing I know about, but if you want to Tag your library according to my tip, you'll have to delete and rewrite the books to device anyway, somaybe It's not too big an issue to rename them with a two or three character digit in front of the Title, at least you'll have them in the correct order in the various tag-folders
That is true, but right now Calibre handles file names, if i change them, calibre will not see it anymore.

Adding a new field in calibre as DUMMYTAG, can I add this field to automatic filename organizer? Can I do that "renaming" only when sending to pocket book?

if so, do you have any URL to help me on that?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
troll05
Harmless idiot

What I meant was editing the names in Calibre itself as well as tagging them, not the filenames.
Unfortunately Calibre has it's own system of filing which is not meant to be accessed or changed by users ( only in small ways). So you can either sort and name your books using an own filing system with your explorer and then use the "file"tab in your reader, or you convert everything to epub, rename and tag them with the series name, therafter you have access to all series in different folders and only have to sort small amounts of books. The use of self created tabs in calibre escapes me completely, maybe i'm to dumb to understand, and anyway "TAG" is the only thing your PB will understand.
I added an example how I do it from the BEAN FREE LIBRARY, maybe you understand what I mean
Attached Files
File Type: rar Wargod Series.rar (2.34 MB, 203 views)
Old 03-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
5. i love its dictionary support; i added about 4-5 which i really needed; don't think any other reader has this...

6. just ignore the warning; it can open almost any size...

7. keep the round button pressed for more than 2 sec on a pdf file -> popup menu pops up -> choose pdfviewer -> then in the ZOOM pick "fit width"; u can navigate the upper and lower rest with up/down buttons;

there is even a configuration filein the forum to set "pdfviewer" as your default pdf viewer
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
902, new owner, pb902, questions