Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
bookler
bookler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Factory reset - possible to execute via script?

Hello everyone,

First - thank you to everyone in this community for supplying a lot of knowledge about the PRS-T1 eReader, it has been very helpful so far for learning about the device.

Second - When a PRS-T1 (unrooted) is plugged in to a computer and data transfer mode is enabled, is there any command or script that could be used to begin a factory initialization?

I have a group of users who need to perform a factory initialization on this ereader on a regular basis, but we find that relying on Sony's factory initialization method creates complications due to varying levels of manual dexterity and comfort with the device - if users fail the button pressing sequence for factory initialization that Sony supplies, a device may not be properly reset and will create complications when the next user attempts to create a Reader Store account and a properly linked Adobe ID.

I realized that porkupan's restore-set on this site will clear the Adobe authorization, but this does not resolve the issue of also removing other notes, books, handwriting, and so on. I'd like to return the device to factory settings if possible.

I do not have a strong Linux background and little experience with scripting, but I will do my best to follow any insights or suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help you can offer.
bookler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
sirstox
sirstox began at the beginning.

Device: Hip Street
Hey Bookler,

We have also attempted to use a internal method of clearing the history from the Sony eReader PRS-T1 machine. I have created a .EXE using Autoit to use Rupor's factory reset package to wipe the machine. We have run into the same problem with certain parts (Notes & Hand writing) not getting removed. As you can see I am deleting all files, but leaving the folders in-tack in the Download directory.

If anyone has more information on the where about's of the location of those files?, it would be appreciated. Has anyone had a success sending the "Finger Dance" code using shell scripting to the device?

Case $Wipe_Device
FileDelete (GUICtrlRead($SetPath) & 'download\*.*')
FileDelete(GUICtrlRead($SetPath) & 'download\acsm\*.*')
FileDelete(GUICtrlRead($SetPath) & 'download\Manifest\*.*')
RunAsWait("Administrator", @ComputerName, "password",0, @ComSpec & ' /K "' & 'flash_reader.bat"',@ScriptDir, @SW_SHOW)

Thanks,
sir stox
sirstox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert