Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
i knew someone would crack it guess i can give up now :P nicely done!
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 537h View Post
Has anyone had much success with the Froyo market currently on the wiki? ...of the apps that I had installed on the previously linked Market
Uh? AFAIK the actual Froyo version is the same as the old one (at least my multiupload link... It should be http://www.multiupload.com/NNK807EIES)

I've posted only one version and after that I've edited the wiki for readability and for adding the Gingerbread version as cme suggested a few posts above (so, I've named the old link "Froyo version" to differ from the Gingerbread one)
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #18
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
I mean that you can install to the Micro SD card by using the trick that I posted in the wiki
I now installed Link2SD, too, works like a treat!

Thanks a lot!
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
I now installed Link2SD, too, works like a treat!
I've told you!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #20
537h
537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
Uh? AFAIK the actual Froyo version is the same as the old one (at least my multiupload link... It should be http://www.multiupload.com/NNK807EIES)

I've posted only one version and after that I've edited the wiki for readability and for adding the Gingerbread version as cme suggested a few posts above (so, I've named the old link "Froyo version" to differ from the Gingerbread one)
Yeah, I realized that after I looked at the wiki history. Something must have just gone slightly off with my second install or download. I deleted and reinstalled from the previous (identical version) and it worked fine, so I just assumed (wrongly) that something had changed. Thanks for your work j0.
537h is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
The calender app now opened, but as i do not use google calender, I can't tell if it syncs ok. Could anybody try and report back here?
It does not sync

Also, in Settings/Accounts&Sync both check boxes are set but it says "Sync is OFF" for my Google Account.

If I tap the account, an empty list is shown unter "Data & synchronisation"

When I try to add an event to the calendar, it says "you have no calendars"
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #22
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Strange, I tried the gmail apk and it synced just fine (I still prefer the mobile webmail version for the T1), so I guess the calender should sync as well...?
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #23
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Hm... in the meantime I re-installed Framework and Market and re-entered my account data -> didn't help.

I already bought an app via Froyo market on the T1 - worked great! Even after reinstall it showed previously installed apps.

The T1 is my first Android device... Is there something I have to change in my existing Google account in order to make it work with the T1? I logged into my Google account from desktop PC, but I was unable to find anything Android related in it....

Or should I give the Gingerbread Market Package a try?

Is there any notable difference between Froyo and Gingerbread Market, despite package size? Someone said, it will provide more apps, but this was somewhat disclaimed later on...
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
Foddy
Foddy began at the beginning.

Device: none
You need to install GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk.
With that app you can activate synchronisation.

For me that worked.
Foddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #25
uboot
Evangelist

Thanks a lot! It works

It also helped me to find a site that tells a lot about installing google apps:

https://senk9.wordpress.com/2010/12/...-device-phone/

And I added a Google Apps Howto to the wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ks#Google_Apps

BTW - has anybody tested YAAM market? http://www.yaam.mobi/

Last edited by uboot; 01-05-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Gans View Post
I got that error, too. Then I remembered you have to power off the device after the installations. Press and hold the power button to do so. Wait until it is off and then turn it on. Now the market works.
I've tried that too, at least 10 times but it didn't help. Can anyone tell me why and how to install market?
PS please noted that I've successfully installed googleservicesframework.apk.

Last edited by vietchovui; 01-06-2012 at 12:11 PM.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #27
uboot
Evangelist

I'd like to have an alternative to Link2SD that maps the _whole_ data partition to SD....

Currently, the sdext2-Partition seems to be mounted via install-recovery.sh to /data/sdext2

On could modify that to map it to /data, but.... how to? Is there a debug mode one can enter in order to remout /data without breaking anything?

Last edited by uboot; 01-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
j0534ng31
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Is there a debug mode one can enter in order to remout /data without breaking anything?
Yes, if you have enable_adb installed, but I think this doesn't work with the last firmware version (I don't have yet upgraded):

1- Reboot in recovery mode (by using a MsDOS Window):
Code:
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" um recovery
(ebook_msc.exe comes with every boroda package)

2- Install the new "Gadget Serial" device discovered by Windows: Use the "gserial.inf" in boroda packages for 32bit windows or search in the web for "linux-cdc-acm.inf" if you are using 64bit windows

3- Now you have a new COM Port (for instance, COM10: )

4- And after that you can use "teraterm", "HyperTerminal" or any other serial terminal to begin a serial connection with the new port COM10:

5- [at the black screen, press ENTER] User: root / no password

6- Do what you want! Some tips (if you need some help):
Code:
# mount the READER
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd
#
# make a backup of data partition
dd if=/dev/mmcblk2p9 of=/mnt/sd/mmcblk2p9.img
#
# make a backup of system partition
dd if=/dev/mmcblk2p10 of=/mnt/sd/mmcblk2p10.img
#
# mount data partition
mkdir /tmp/data
mount -t auto /dev/mmcblk2p9 /tmp/data
#
# mount system partition
mkdir /tmp/system
mount -t auto /dev/mmcblk2p10 /tmp/system
#
############################
# CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT !!! #
############################
#
sync
umount /dev/mmcblk2p9
umount /dev/mmcblk2p10
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
#
reboot
7- If something goes wrong, repeat from 1st step and, instead of 6th one, you have to do:
Code:
# mount the READER
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd
#
# recover data partition from backup
dd if=/mnt/sd/mmcblk2p9.img of=/dev/mmcblk2p9
#
# recover system partition from backup (only if needed)
dd if=/mnt/sd/mmcblk2p10.img of=/dev/mmcblk2p10
#
sync
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
#
reboot
NOTE 1:
I can't remember if devices are /dev/mmcblk... or /dev/block/mmcblk... You have to use the right one.
NOTE 2:
With old firmware versions, the backup/restore procedure can also be done from normal mode by using:

To make the backup:
Code:
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p10 c:\mmcblk2p10.img
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p9 c:\mmcblk2p9.img
To restore the backup:
Code:
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" put c:\mmcblk2p10.img /dev/block/mmcblk2p10
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" put c:\mmcblk2p9.img /dev/block/mmcblk2p9
Anyway, although more simple, this method is not recommended as you are reading/writing a "live" system (you can have problems with opened files,...) It's best and safe to use the good old "dd" method in a stopped system

Last edited by j0534ng31; 01-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #29
uboot
Evangelist

Great! Many thanks for so much valuable details!

Something I'd also ever wanted to do is an fsck for the data partition because it looks like doing reset corrupts the filesystem. Now it is at my hand

I have latest firmware, so let's see if it works... ebook_msc is said to have stopped working with that.... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1874273 But maybe I get a workaround....
Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #30
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
"Only" put and get are gone,
um recovery and list are still working
They are still used in current minimal.root - flash_reader.bat

Last edited by Mark Nord; 01-18-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote