Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Br*ste1
Br*ste1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
No available space

For some reason, my rooted PRS-T1 keeps telling me that there's no space available. I keep seeing the warnings notification, and indeen, the settings say the internal phone storage is down to 3.57 MB available space.

The only problem: It's just not true. When I go into USB mode, "Reader" has 1.3 GB available. Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Br*ste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
jarsto
jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I think you are missing something, though I can see why it wouldn't be obvious. Although the READER partition is part of the devices internal storage, the reader itself doesn't view it as internal (it's even mounted as /mnt/sdcard)

Basically when any Android device says there's not enough 'internal phone storage' it means the /data partition is getting very full. This is the partition where apps are installed by default.

One way to free up space might be to enable apps2sd, which would allow you to move some apps to READER partition and thereby free up space on the /data partition.

Also see: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...space_for_apps
jarsto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Br*ste1

Thanks for the reply! The odd thing is, that I do have this addon installed that can move apps to the actual SD card - but I'm still having these issues. What's the best way to cleat up that /data partition? I see there's a lot of stuff on there, cache and whatnot. And it seems I can only access it via root explorer, not from the PC when I plug in the USB?

Thanks again!
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
jarsto
jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

First of all you're welcome.

The /data partition is one of Android's system partitions, so it's not exposed to the computer when you switch to data transfer mode. This can be a bit of a pain, but there's no real way around it.

Now a few basic questions to troubleshoot the Apps2SD side of things...

1) The addon you've installed, is it one of those that enables the built-in Apps2SD function?

2) If so have you actually moved the apps (Android Settings App -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> click application of choice and select ''Move to SD card".

3) Regardless of the addon you use: have you checked in /data/app that apps that (should) have been moved to SD no longer have their .apk files in there?

4) If possible check the size of /data and /data/apps to see if it's mainly apps or something else that's filling up /data. (I use Total Commander rather than root explorer, but can check sizes by long-pressing the folder and selecting properties. With everything that can move to SD moved my /data clocks in at 16.7MB with only 2.8MB in /data/app
Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Br*ste1

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

I've tried to install Total Commander, but Google Play tells me that it's not compatible with the PRS-T1. ;( Root explorer doesn't show me directory sizes, and other apps that supposedly have this feature are either "not compatible" as well or just show me a blank /data directory (like Root Browser or Folder Size Chart). So I guess I'm stuck there.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
jarsto

Obviously Total Commander can work since it's running on mine. I have to say mine came with my root package (Rupor's Absolutely Minimal Root). If nothing else works maybe you could download that, just grab the .apk you need and install it that way?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Br*ste1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsto View Post
Obviously Total Commander can work since it's running on mine. I have to say mine came with my root package (Rupor's Absolutely Minimal Root). If nothing else works maybe you could download that, just grab the .apk you need and install it that way?
Thanks for the help - grabbed it from that package, and installed just fine. (Ironically, those "not compatible" messages are the OTHER issue I'm currently wrestling with: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183994)

But with the available space issue, I'm good now - there's 37.6 MB used in /data
(20,3 MB in /data/app, 11.3 in /data/dalvik-cache and 5.6 in /data/data) - so now I know which tries to bark up at. Thanks again, highly appreciated.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
jarsto

Glad to be of help. Hope you manage to find some more space this way. Also left a comment in your other thread about the incompatible apps.