Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
wkuiper
wkuiper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil + Adobe Digital Editions + chapters

L.S.

Using Sigil I try to create an e-book with many chapters: a digital edition of a romance that was printed in Antwerp in 1564.

When I have finished a chapter I watch the result in Adobe Digital Editions.

I am satisfied with how the text looks in the right window, but how do I create an index on chapters in the left window/

Yours,
wkuiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread moved to this forum.

Please post ONLY to the correct forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkuiper View Post
I am satisfied with how the text looks in the right window, but how do I create an index on chapters in the left window
Just enclose each chapter title in heading tags (h1, h2, h3 ... h6) or select the chapter title in Sigil and click one of the h buttons, e.g. h3.
You can then automatically generate a TOC by clicking the Generate TOC button.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Please be sure to press control-enter at the end of each chapter. This will create a separate file for each chapter and make it possible to read in a PRS-300 like mine and make it work faster in other readers.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
wkuiper

Thank you very much for your reply, Doitsu ans mrmikel. I thought my post had been deleted by the moderator. I am making different chapters in Sigil and cal them: section_001_titlepage, section_002_approbatio, section_003_chaper_001, section_004_chapter_002 etc. Sigil gives no errors. When I open this file in Adobe Digital Editions I see two windows: in the right window I see my romance, each chapter starting at the top of a page, In the left window I only see: start. What I hoped to see is: start, titlepage, approbatio, chaprer_001, chapter_002 etc. So a reader can jum to chapter 037. Is that possible?
I will follow the answer of Doitsu. If I succeed I will let you know.

Yours,

Willem
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
wkuiper

I have created a TOC in Sigil in a window on the right side of my screen. It works. But ... when I import this epub file into Acrobat Digital Editions 2.0 I just see "start" in the left index window.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
wkuiper

Surprise! All of a sudden the chapter structure is being showed in the index window of Digital Editions. Thanks for your support!

Yours,

Willem

Tags
chapters