Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #106
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Found this on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.ca/Ebook-Accessor...sub=2549635012

Pretty similar to Case Crown.
Joywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #107
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Hey, nice find! I like the look of the hemp cases... very tempting if I didn't have a CaseCrown on it's way to me already.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #108
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well found Joywalker, I do like that case - it is black on the inside and colour on the outside, just what I was looking for, but alas, I've already ordered an all-black Casecrown
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #109
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
My black Case Crown arrived today. Everyone was right about this being a great case. Looks much better than the photos. I'm not a big fan of the textured look in general (prefer smooth), but this is fine because it's a small footprint. Attractive, quality look. Most importantly the power switch isn't encumbered.

I paid $30 for the other cover I was using. Hopefully I can use it for another eReader in the near future. Maybe the upcoming touch Kindle will fit it.
I went back to using my original case (with the 4 straps). Couldn't read comfortably with the Case Crown (didn't feel natural) and found the flap/clasp distracting (just dangling). Always took the Kobo out when reading. I prefer touching the front of the Kobo itself (Black) and not the Case Crown material. With my original cover I can do that. Of course there's the bigger footprint and the encumbered power switch. *sigh* But I'm happy when reading.

Last edited by SCION; 08-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #110
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:
I went back to using my original case (with the 4 straps). Couldn't read comfortably with the Case Crown (didn't feel natural) and found the flap/clasp distracting (just dangling). Always took the Kobo out when reading. I prefer touching the front of the Kobo itself (Black) and not the Case Crown material. With my original cover I can do that. Of course there's the bigger footprint and the encumbered power switch. *sigh* But I'm happy when reading.
That's a shame! I found folding the clasp back underneath worked for me otherwise its just like holding a book (remember those? ) Unlike a book you only read one side and that does make the front cover feel like it is a nuisance but I'm getting used to that.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #111
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
I stuffed mine into the sleeve that came with my Sony PRS-300. It's a little snug but it works.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #112
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Interestin that you've dropped the Case Crown. I wasn't a fan of the heavy textured look of the case.

I think I'd like a Moleskin style elastic more (than a flap/clasp). I still haven't ordered a case as I keep waiting for some other options but I've yet to see many . The Cover-up/ucover (http://www.ucover.co/Product_Info.asp?productID=730) case seem ok. Be curious to hear some first hand feedback on these. It's curious that some posts on ebay list these as genuine leather, and others faux.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #113
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Interestin that you've dropped the Case Crown. I wasn't a fan of the heavy textured look of the case.

I think I'd like a Moleskin style elastic more (than a flap/clasp). I still haven't ordered a case as I keep waiting for some other options but I've yet to see many . The Cover-up/ucover (http://www.ucover.co/Product_Info.asp?productID=730) case seem ok. Be curious to hear some first hand feedback on these. It's curious that some posts on ebay list these as genuine leather, and others faux.
I like the case you linked to. The three storage card slots are overkill though. I can't get past looking at those. It looks like it was made for the Sony 600/650 because those models use two different size memory cards (Memory Stick and SD), plus a stylus (stylus holder shown in other photos).

Last edited by SCION; 08-20-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #114
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've got a cover from etsy (fabric, not leather, but that's what I like). Perhaps a bit wide, but it is nice.

Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #115
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@SCION: I think you might be right (re: it being a repurposed SONY eReader Case). Still a nice way to get to market quickly I guess (& move old stock), and it does look ok/seem to hold the Kobo Touch well (not covering access to the buttons or charging port.

@Terisa de morgan: nice (if a little girly for me :-) )... the front of the cover looks really big in that 2nd photo though. Is it well reinforced inside? Who (on Etsy) did you get this from? My wife might be interested in a similar case.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #116
EMG
EMG began at the beginning.

Oberon Design has come up with covers for the Nook Touch. I recently sent them an email asking if they'd come up with a Kobo Touch version. Still no answer.

http://www.oberondesign.com/nook.php

I'm wondering if the Nook Touch cover would fit the Kobo Touch cover. The dimensions compared are :

KT 4.5, 6.5, 0.40
NT 5.0, 6.5, 0.47

Do you think it would fit my Kobo? These cases are expensive at $70! But they look oh so nice!!!
EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #117
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG View Post
Oberon Design has come up with covers for the Nook Touch. I recently sent them an email asking if they'd come up with a Kobo Touch version. Still no answer.

http://www.oberondesign.com/nook.php

I'm wondering if the Nook Touch cover would fit the Kobo Touch cover. The dimensions compared are :

KT 4.5, 6.5, 0.40
NT 5.0, 6.5, 0.47

Do you think it would fit my Kobo? These cases are expensive at $70! But they look oh so nice!!!
I inquired about the same thing and received a response. There's concern that the case would be too wide, given the NOOK is 5.0 and the Kobo 4.5. The person stated they haven't tried a Kobo.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:06 AM   #118
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
@Terisa de morgan: nice (if a little girly for me :-) )... the front of the cover looks really big in that 2nd photo though. Is it well reinforced inside? Who (on Etsy) did you get this from? My wife might be interested in a similar case.
Well, I'm such a girly, what can i do? The front cover is around 1 cm wider than Kobo Touch, I think it's the same size for Kobo and Nook Touch, but no so big. And not very strong reinforced (not rigid but strong material), which it is OK for me (I don't like a lot hard covers). The shop is this:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DichotomicDesign?ref=pr_shop
Old 08-21-2011, 03:24 AM   #119
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
I inquired about the same thing and received a response. There's concern that the case would be too wide, given the NOOK is 5.0 and the Kobo 4.5. The person stated they haven't tried a Kobo.
That was what I thought also (a little loose). Somewhat $ to experiment with also. Though if you (EMG) want to get one a let us know that would be great? :-)

@Terisa de morgan: Cheers. You think it is just a singe sheet of card in the cover? My wife might need something a little more durable for when she chucks in the bag with all he other odds and ends. Some cool designs though.

Last edited by molman; 08-21-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:03 AM   #120
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

@molman, yes, I think it is only a sheet of card. It's OK for me because my bags are not very big but, perhaps, in a bigger big she needs something stronger. And yes, the designs are cool.

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel