Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Foxit eSlick firmware update released

Foxit announced a new firmware for the eSlick on Monday. Several bugs have been fixed, including:

Quote:
* Cannot save the last viewing settings on a document when the power is turned off.
* The slow speed when rendering txt files.
* Some of the MP3 files are displayed twice in category "Music."
* Cannot refresh the list of the "Music" category when inserting the SD card again.
* The error message "File corrupted" shows up randomly after it shows up for the real error file for the first time.
* Power leak after full charging and the USB cable is still connected.
The update and instructions on how to install it can be found here. Has anyone tried it yet?

P.S. The next firmware is expected in June. According to posts on Foxit's forum it should add support for DRMed eReader format.

Last edited by Nate the great; 05-07-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
It's me or the displayed menu look really like the Bookeen's one?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I suspect that the menu was provided by Netronix.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I doubt, the netronics firmware have nothing in common with bookeen's one
Old 05-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
Mach1.9pants
Mach1.9pants doesn't litterMach1.9pants doesn't litter

Device: DR1000S
I updated my firmware, no problems. I didn't have any of the bugs that are listed but the update went fine.
Mach1.9pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
I doubt, the netronics firmware have nothing in common with bookeen's one
I am sure they run the same OS build and have the same drivers for the screen display, USB, etc. all supplied by Netronics. The applications are different but the system calls would be the same. It is likely the menu presentation is done via a system call. The content would be different of course.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
Godzil

I'm agree for the Linux & Drivers version and for the bootloader (even if I think that bookeen do some modifications on the code of some drivers or even on the linux kernel) but no I seriously doubt that simple "OS Call" is used for making menu. If not why the netronics default app (used on Mentor's devices for exemple) does not use them?