Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Rooting for Newbies

I've had my device for ages and I would really like to root it, but I can't quite seem to figure it out. I'm looking at the wiki and it looks like Boroda/Porkupan's Root Package seems to be the way to go, but I get as far as unzipping the package and *fail* because the zip file demands I password that I don't know where to find.

Is there another method of rooting I should be trying? I'm a total n00b and feel like an idiot. Please help?
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Have you read the first bold sentence in the Rooting section? It is also printed boldly on the top of the wiki and start's with "For beginners..."

If you follow the link mentioned there, all should work out fine...

PS: don't install Sony's 1.0.05 Firmware - it will disable rooting forever.

Last edited by uboot; 08-21-2013 at 03:15 AM.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Question

[QUOTE=uboot;2599616]Have you read the first bold sentence in the Rooting section? It is also printed boldly on the top of the wiki and start's with "For beginners..."

If you follow the link mentioned there, all should work out fine...

What if you already have 1.0.05 Firmware? I have had that firmware on my T1
for quite a while now. How can an inexperienced person root their reader that already has that firmware?

Last edited by Kaysclie; 08-30-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: misspelled
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #4
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Well, seems that I was wrong about 1.05 on the T1. I just rooted a T1 with 1.05 - it worked without any problems... The reader hasn't been rooted before.

You just have to get the correct rooting package for 1.05 (rupor AMR)
Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I downloaded Rupor's AMR and unzipped it. I then ran flash_reader.bat. The script box came up...I think that's what it is called. It states Reader not found. Enter the letter of the reader drive. I put in E, which is the one designated for it. It said press any key..which I did. Nothing happened. I tried this several times. I even right clicked on the flash_reader.bat file to see if run as administrator came up, but it didn't. I am using windows 7 on a 64 bit pc. Can that be the problem, or is it something I haven't done? Does anyone have any ideas on this??

Last edited by Kaysclie; 08-31-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: additional wording
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
uboot
Evangelist

Have you activated the data connection on the reader?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Kaysclie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Have you activated the data connection on the reader?
uboot, thanks for your help, but
Yes, I did activate the data connection on the reader. Tried again this morning, and still no action. I can't understand why this just won't work. I can see that the Sony is connected via the usb cord and I can see Reader E, Removable disk G, and setting H all pop up on my pc screen. But flash_reader.bat just doesn't run correctly. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, is there a solution?
Old 09-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
uboot
Evangelist

Whenever flash_reader didn't find my reader, it was because I just connected the Reader via USB, but forgot to activate data transfer.

Your virus scanner may interfere - try to disable it...
Old 10-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
mziaeem
mziaeem began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
are any deodexed rom for prs t1?
can any one deodex firmware?
many people around the world are using rtl languages and these options could not be enabled on this device without deodexing framework.
please help ...!!!
mziaeem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rooting sony prs-t1