Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #16
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I just recently purchased from ebay a case for the fire, I've attached some pictures and a link:

Click image for larger version

Name:	case1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	78703Click image for larger version

Name:	case2.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	78710Click image for larger version

Name:	case3.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	78711Click image for larger version

Name:	case4.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	78712Click image for larger version

Name:	case5.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	78713Click image for larger version

Name:	case6.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	78714

The exterior is leather and has an elastic strap to keep it closed for $10.95.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-degree-R...#ht_2705wt_856

Last edited by beckywc; 11-06-2011 at 07:14 PM.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I just recently purchased from ebay a case for the fire, I've attached some pictures and a link:
Oh that's nice! What's the material made out of? I may get one later.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
The exterior is leather.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #19
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just ordered this zippered sleeve, Belkin Grip Sleeve for KFire (Black).

Last edited by jswinden; 11-10-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I need a case for it but not sure yet what to get. I need a screen protector has anyone made any yet? I plan to order my Fire this weekend.
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #21
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
I dunno blossom. I think, between the Fire's Gorilla Glass, a decent case, and the likelihood that you'll mostly be using it for reading (probably at home)...I wouldn't think you'd need a screen protector. I don't think I'm going to get one, for the same reasons.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #22
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I need a case for it but not sure yet what to get. I need a screen protector has anyone made any yet? I plan to order my Fire this weekend.
gorilla glass doesn't require saran wrap.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #23
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I'm not getting a screen protector either. They get really nasty pretty easily (my dad has gone through two on his iPhone 4 already and is about to get a third). They're great for the Kindles (and other devices) not touch based, but not for devices where you're going to put your hands everywhere. He uses the OtterBox.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #24
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Marware makes one. http://www.marware.com/anti-glare-sc...or-kindle-fire

I used a screen protector on my NookColor to help with the high gloss screen. It worked very well. I tried one on my iPad but it was bad. You never know. They are pricey though.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-10-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Marware makes one. http://www.marware.com/anti-glare-sc...or-kindle-fire

I used a screen protector on my NookColor to help with the high gloss screen. It worked very well. I tried one on my iPad but it was bad. You never know. They are pricey though.
Thanks Jack! A screen protector is a must with a LCD touch device for me. Just having the Coby for 8 hours and it needed one bad. I had one on my phone since March and it's so much easier to keep clean then without it.

Here's the link on Amazon for it.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #26
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Oh, for a phone, absolutely, because it's constantly changing environments, ie into and out of pockets, onto surfaces, etc. But for my fire? I don't see the need. It'll have the cover to protect it when I set it down -- which I will never do without closing it.

Just me, though.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Oh, for a phone, absolutely, because it's constantly changing environments, ie into and out of pockets, onto surfaces, etc. But for my fire? I don't see the need. It'll have the cover to protect it when I set it down -- which I will never do without closing it.

Just me, though.
If it was just me using it I might let it go but my husband will be playing games on it no doubt so it has to have one. He's rough with his stuff.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #28
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post

Just me, though.
Actually you might find that you need it for glare control. Unfortunately, these tablets come with glossy screens rather than non-glare screens, so you might need to tone down the glare just to read on it. On the NookColor I had the screen was so shiny you could see yourself while trying to use it. It was like a mirror! Any overhead lights were brutal as you saw the light bulb glaring at you. The screen protector I put on it was a non-glare type, not the clear type. Without it I could only read in very dark places. My iPad is nearly as bad, but the non-glare screen protector I tried on it made reading nearly impossible as it was a terrible screen protector. It was like looking through sand or grit.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #29
stenciler
Banned
stenciler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
They have both sleeves and covers on their website now. The covers also have some kind of stand thingy with them.

http://www.oberondesign.com/Kindle.php

And they are expensive, $60 for the sleeves and $70 for the covers. Everything I have heard indicates they are worth the money. YMMV

Dean
stenciler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #30
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
I just ordered this Kindle Fire sleeve from a store called Rogue Theory on Etsy.com. She made the sleeve for my Kindle 3 and it's been fantastic -- lightweight while still providing protection, and only $15. I took the Kindle in the sleeve all over China this summer, and it held up beautifully. I happily ordered a case from her for the Fire.
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote