Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #601
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdb View Post
Okay -- makes sense.

Such an option would be handy -- at present, I'm prevented from queueing an availability check, since "Search is already in progress...".
Thanks for mentioning this feature, I was unaware of it and have been going through my list of libraries one by one looking for shortest hold queues. This saves a lot of time.

I assume wait weeks is based on number of holds divided by number of copies?

I'm new at this but so far I'm getting the impression that nobody returns books - my holds always seem to take the full 21 days to bump my place in line...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #602
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I assume wait weeks is based on number of holds divided by number of copies?
It is based on the number of holds (or on your place in the hold queue, if you already have the book on hold) and the number of copies that the library has. It also takes into account the release date for pre-release books.

The wait-in-weeks is only an estimate. The average loan period is estimated to be 2.5 weeks since some people return books early or have a shorter loan period set for their account.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #603
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I'm new at this but so far I'm getting the impression that nobody returns books - my holds always seem to take the full 21 days to bump my place in line...
Well, I've got my borrows set to 7 days and I always return them as soon as I'm done with them if it's earlier than that, so at least some of us do return books.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #604
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
Well, I've got my borrows set to 7 days and I always return them as soon as I'm done with them if it's earlier than that, so at least some of us do return books.
I try to remember to return next time I'm on my computer but sometimes forget for a day or two. If Amazon supported returning right from the Kindle I think a lot more people would return promptly instead of just letting them expire...
Old 08-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #605
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Identifiers not showing up in details after update...

Hello,

I just updated the Overdrive plug-in. I keep up with each issued update. I'm using it on the latest Calibre 2.64 (updated from 2 versions prior).

Now the identifiers field will not show in the book details. I used those generated links all the time.
I checked all of the following:
  • I checked if the update changed my settings, but all is the same. I checked off "Disable links in book details panel" then checked back off to see if that would help...nothing.
  • I checked by book details to be viewed. Identifiers are still checked off. I unchecked and rechecked.....no change.
  • Lastly, I restarted Calibre thinking maybe I hadn't done that since installing the plug-in update.

The problem still persists.

I recall having this problem a long time ago when first installing Overdrive. Did you make any changes behind the scenes? I'm checking here before reporting a possible bug with Calibre.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:06 PM   #606
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
I just updated the Overdrive plug-in. ... Now the identifiers field will not show in the book details.
I am also using the latest calibre version and it works for me.

The only thing I can suggest is restarting calibre in debug mode [Preferences drop down -> Restart in debug mode (Ctrl+Shift+R)]. Access some books that should show links in the book details panel and exit. A log will pop up. Check for any error messages. Possibly another plugin is interfering.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #607
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

No problem here either FWIW. 2.64 and PI 1.43.0. ID's still display for previously searched books, and when I searched a new one it populated and displayed the ID's.

My only other PIs are Import List and Reading List, also win10 AU if that matters (I see it getting blamed for a few glitches on other forums)...
Old 08-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #608
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
@jhowell,

Well, no need to debug. I did a PC restart after some Windows updates, and now they show again. Go figure.. I'm just glad it works as this has become core plug-in information for me in Calibre.
Still, I will keep that debug step in mind in the future. It didn't even occur to me this time.

Thanks!
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #609
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
@jhowell

When I tried to search from one of overdrive's library, I get this result:

---------------- ERRORS WHILE SEARCHING ----------------

Signing in to PPL: Sign in error: : Please fill out the captcha.

Get http://pas-gdl.overdrive.com
new OverDrive site layout detected for PPL
Get https://pas-gdl.overdrive.com/account/sign-in
Get https://pas-gdl.auth.overdrive.com/a...ibrary&signin=[redcated]
Signing in to PPL (Pasadena Public Library)
Post https://pas-gdl.auth.overdrive.com/library/login?[redacted]
Data password=[redacted]

I don't need to fill out captcha on the website to login. Is this fixable or just outside the realm of this plugin?
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #610
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
When I tried to search from one of overdrive's library, I get this result:
I don't need to fill out captcha on the website to login. Is this fixable or just outside the realm of this plugin?
OverDrive changed the sign in procedure for libraries using the "new" website design. You will need to remove the Card Number entry from your library configuration in order to bypass the sign in procedure.

(I attempted to support this in the plugin, but because I do not have an account with any of these libraries I was unable to test it. I will revisit this once a library I use changes over to the new website design. OverDrive has a larger roll-out planned for later this year.)
Old 09-09-2016, 02:46 AM   #611
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
As of today, with the last plugin, this error is showing when I search for a book in Kindle unlimited:
Spoiler:

Search Kindle for all by shelley costa: : ValueError (invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'showing')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 1170, in find_books_at_lib
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.amazon", line 404, in find_books
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'showing'

and the search is this:

I hadn't seen it before.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #612
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
As of today, with the last plugin, this error is showing when I search for a book in Kindle unlimited
Amazon, Axis 360, Hoopla and Scribd all recently changed their websites in ways that break the plugin. I am in the middle of making some other significant changes to the way the plugin works. It will probably be a week or so before I can make a new release that fixes the problem with Amazon.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #613
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Amazon, Axis 360, Hoopla and Scribd all recently changed their websites in ways that break the plugin. I am in the middle of making some other significant changes to the way the plugin works. It will probably be a week or so before I can make a new release that fixes the problem with Amazon.
Thank you very much, it's something which happens from time to time, not always, so...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:56 AM   #614
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
I started using Calibre to catalog my physical books before moving to e-books. Because of this, I used the "amazon" identifier for the physical book, and I still do so, while I use a "mobi-asin" identifier for the Kindle book.

Because of this, I can't use the "Set amazon identifier..." option. So, how about a tweak to allow us to use any identifier for that option? Keep the wording of in the "options" dialog the same...just change what identifier is set if there is a tweak.

Thanks.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:24 AM   #615
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
I did a PC restart after some Windows updates, and now they show again.
This always happens to me if I update the Overdrive Link plugin but don't restart calibre.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive