Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
Going big...Entourage eDGe is coming home...

Been watching the eReader scene for a few years now, picked up a Sony PRS-500 series for my fiance last Christmas...started to really get excited about the Nook, until my eyes caught this baby - best of both worlds...?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/03/m...d-graphics-su/

I'm probably gonna go crazy waiting for it for 3 months, but we'll see. Pre-ordered it today, to make sure I'm early in line for shipping...

At this rate, FEB is about the time I could expect a Nook anyway

Just curious what everyone else thinks about this thing, and its potential...I mean, a more than capable, feature-rich eReader WITH an Android-based netbook in one device (less than an inch thick).
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
I think the concept is OK --- for now, anyway --- but the bezel is just too d*mned big!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
the prototype, I agree...but if the final production units are going to look anything like the "closed" pic that is up on their site now, I think it's more than tolerable.

We'll see - I might be singing a different tune in February...
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:10 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm1979 View Post
the prototype, I agree...but if the final production units are going to look anything like the "closed" pic that is up on their site now, I think it's more than tolerable.

We'll see - I might be singing a different tune in February...
Still, remove 3/4th of the bezel and they most likely have another buyer...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:37 AM   #5
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Looks like a great device except for as everyone else has mentioned, how big the bezel is. I'm with sweetpea.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert