Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
HTC EVO 4G died last night

I plugged it in and left it on my desk with the clock running as usual. Got up this morning and it was in a continuous boot loop. I tried pulling the battery and volume down recover. NADA!

I feel NAKED!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh No! Sorry! I would feel naked too! as I did when my computer crashed a month or so ago!

I bet you're not covered by insurance? (I'm not).

I'm had my DroidX about a month now and I don't know what I'd do with out it!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Like Kenny I kinda live or die by my X10. I think I have gotten over-dependent on it for watching movies, keeping track of meetings and schedules, listening to music, keeping up with web stuff and...oh yeah making the occasional phone call
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's a happy ending, I took it to the Sprint store Tuesday morning, and in two hours I walked out with a brand new EVO, no charge!

Small hassle setting everything up, and re-downloadnig all my ebook readers (and other apps), but it's all back, better than before!

SPRINT ROCKS!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Sprint does rock...but get insurance on that thing!!!
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
There's a happy ending, I took it to the Sprint store Tuesday morning, and in two hours I walked out with a brand new EVO, no charge!

Small hassle setting everything up, and re-downloadnig all my ebook readers (and other apps), but it's all back, better than before!

SPRINT ROCKS!
WONDERFUL! Was it still under warranty?
Old 10-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
wodin
Illiterate

Yes, ALL EVOs are still under warranty. Plus I have insurance, but that has a $100 deductable.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
kennyc

Glad it's taken care of!!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
To lessen the headache of re-dowloading apps, sign up for AppBrain.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
wodin
Illiterate

Yup, already had an AppBrain account. It was amazing to watch it downloading and installing apps virtually simultaniously. It's the first time I've ever had to scroll down the notification drawer.