Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Save deletes most of the book

Hi,

I'm using Sigil 0.2.0 loaded QT 4.6.2 and I've had no problems with it up to now.

Today I've been editing the typos out of The Dresden Files book 10 - Small Favour by Jim Butcher

Every time I edit it using Sigil and then save the changes it deletes every chapter except chapter 9. So the next time I open the book using Sigil only the file for chapter 9 is there. However, if I use the epub viewer in Calibre to open the book it shows the cover page and acknowledgements but wont go any futher.

I've tried saving it under a different file name too and it doesn't make any difference. It doesn't matter what chapter I edit either, it always keeps chapter 9 and deletes the rest.

I have noticed that the chapter files all end in .htm rather than .html Could that be causing a problem? I tried changing each file name to .html but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas what is going on?

Cheers,
PKFFW

Last edited by PKFFW; 04-19-2010 at 03:30 AM.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Read this. Follow it.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will do.

I posted here first in the hope someone had come across this problem or something similar and could suggest an easy quick fix. I guess not.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #4
PKFFW
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Read this. Follow it.
Done.

Cheers,
PKFFW