Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Where does the Cybook take its book title from?

I make PRC books for my Cybook with Bookdesigner just to make HTML or txt readable. I don't do much formatting as I'm quite tolerant of what I read.

However, when I put the books on my Cybook I'm often surprised by the Title it uses. I'd expected it to be the name of the file, but that's clearly too easy and all kinds of strange stuff has appeared as the title in the Cybook library pages.

Can somebody pse tell me how to make sure the Cybook shows the title I want it to when I give it a Bookdesigner prc file?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
I' m not sure about BookDesigner, I' ve almost never used it. I can only tell you that you have to look for a metadata called Book Title or something like that. Otherwise, the best that could happen is at best your file name. The easy way is to use Mobipocket Creator, and then look at the options. It is very straightforward.
It accepts HTML and is very straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I make PRC books for my Cybook with Bookdesigner just to make HTML or txt readable. I don't do much formatting as I'm quite tolerant of what I read.

However, when I put the books on my Cybook I'm often surprised by the Title it uses. I'd expected it to be the name of the file, but that's clearly too easy and all kinds of strange stuff has appeared as the title in the Cybook library pages.

Can somebody pse tell me how to make sure the Cybook shows the title I want it to when I give it a Bookdesigner prc file?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:

Okay. If you've got the Book Corrector toolbar showing, you'll see two buttons labeled "Book Title" and "Book Author". What you want to do is make sure that you've highlighted the book's title in the body of the ebook (I usually put the book's Author name just above the Title and just below the cover image - at the top of the file) and then click on the "Book Title" button. Do the same process (highlite the name, click on the "Book Author" button) for the Author and save the file. When you make your PRC ebook, the proper metadat will be created.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The most easy way is to use Mobi Creator. There you can fill in the name of the book. The filename has nothing to do with the title. If you have books with wrong names you can use mobi2mobi to correct it
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #5
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Derek, I'll do that. Don't really want to change to mobipocket creator if I don't have to.
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 04:05 AM   #6
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Thanks Ortep for the mobi2mobi suggestion.

I was actually also trying to edit the metadata of some books I got on ebooksgratuit.com, because for some reason most of them don't include the author in the metadata (and a folder with different children's tales books all entitled 'Tales', with no author showin, is not fun).

I was trying to use calibre to do it but it wasn't workin, mobi2mobi is far simpler for this use!
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Don't use Book Designer to create Mobi books - it creates a VERY old version of the format which doesn't properly support metadata as it should do.

See my tutprial here for detailed instructions on how to take what you've done with BD, and create a "real" Mobipocket book from it. It takes literally 5 minutes to do, and is well worthwhile.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
Ned
Ebook reader

thanks harry but I dont need a working table of contents.

I just start a book at the beginning and read it to the end, ignoring any typos or whatever, then I bin it. So I've just used mobi2mobi command line version to sort out my titles and authors as recommended by ortep (thanks) and that'll do me.
and a big thanks to the author of mobi2mobi too
Old 08-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
So I've just used mobi2mobi command line version to sort out my titles and authors as recommended by ortep (thanks) and that'll do me.
and a big thanks to the author of mobi2mobi too
My pleasure You do know there is a GUI for mobi2mobi?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
My pleasure You do know there is a GUI for mobi2mobi?
yes I do thanks, but I couldnt' find out how to use it - the wiki pages had been deleted at the request of amazon and (being of little brain) I got confused and packed it in and used the command line instead rather than ask and upset harry again. I may be wrong but there doesn't seem to be a simple guide to using the GUI - all I saw was install this install that install the other which baffled me and 50 odd pages of posts to read through.

Anyway, Command line works fine for me so I'm sorted. I'd rather spend my time reading books than formatting them.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
I may be wrong but there doesn't seem to be a simple guide to using the GUI - all I saw was install this install that install the other which baffled me and 50 odd pages of posts to read through.

Anyway, Command line works fine for me so I'm sorted. I'd rather spend my time reading books than formatting them.
Hmmmm...install? Simply dump the executable in the directory that contains the mobi2mobi executable and run it. It will give yo a screen were you can fill in the blancs. Or correct them when they are not blanc but wrong

The only thing you need is a completely updated windows so that the .Net software is available

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1245977436

But if the command line is working for you it is OK
Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
yes I do thanks, but I couldnt' find out how to use it - the wiki pages had been deleted at the request of amazon
Is this really the case? I doubt that the removed web page had anything with the GUI for mobi2mobi to do.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #13
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Is this really the case? I doubt that the removed web page had anything with the GUI for mobi2mobi to do.
I wouldn't be at all surprised. However, when you know nothing about it and all you want is a list that says Do this, then do this, then do this, and there's no sticky marked "How to run mobi2mobi from the GUI" the problem is judging what is relevant and what isn't. My search of the forums led me far and wide till I gave up.

Anyway, thanks again to ortep, all I needed to know it seems is to put the GUI exe and the mobi2mobi exe in the same directory, google ".net" and download and install the latest version of that. Then run the GUI exe and it goes.

I'm sure that info is there in the forum many times, but I didn't manage to pick it out.