Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #16
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaburk
I use a program called SNAGIT to capture the Screen in Zinio and then save to pdf. It works great and no watermarks!
Nice trick, I once thought about using Hypersnap to capture Zinio documents. The problem, the captured document consists entirely of images, which means a) it's very big, and b) it doesn't allow any cut&paste of text content within the document.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #17
Eric, Lee
Eric, Lee began at the beginning.

Device: gsm
I just want to make some customers' material to this format. Can anybody help me?
creating similar format tools, please tell me. Thank you all!
Eric, Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #18
rubaiyat
rubaiyat began at the beginning.

Yes Dorothy there is a way to convert Zinio to pdf...

I do not know the exact method but I have encountered converted magazines which still retain the Zinio tags.

They appear to be produced by TeAM YYePG. email to: yyepg@msn.com.

Zinio magazines are cumbersome, a little less so when you turn off the page turning animation. Having pdf files with thumbnails and bookmarks I think is more practical.

Reading lengthy text, even on a good quality screen like an iMac, is a chore, but these magazines can make excellent references when heavily illustrated with tutorials like some of the better British magazines such as Computer Arts and 3D World.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #19
DaNDeE
Connoisseur
DaNDeE began at the beginning.

Device: Newton/iPhone/iPad
Yeah, I read about a method the other day, but this was pretty much work. You basically have to print every page into a PDF, join them afterwards and edit set the tags again.... someone seem to have pretty mucht time, though.
...and if I remember right, you can't even print in some mags. .
DaNDeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:47 AM   #20
mex23
mex23 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 8310
Page flipping effect in Zinio Reader

hii everyone,

currenlty i'm working on a project similar to zinio reader(My domain is VB.net).i've done a page turning effect but its entirely different from zinio reader. In zinio, the page turning starts with a curve at the top and bottom corners.but in my reader, there's no such curve, jus flipping a flat edge. i heard that zinio used directx for the page turning effect. i am really newcomer to Directx. can anybody help me this problem.i hope i'll get a positive reply very soon

best regards

kannan m ambadi
mex23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 AM   #21
mex23
mex23 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 8310
hii everyone,

currenlty i'm working on a project similar to zinio reader(My domain is VB.net).i've done a page turning effect but its entirely different from zinio reader. In zinio, the page turning starts with a curve at the top and bottom corners.but in my reader, there's no such curve, jus flipping a flat edge. i heard that zinio used directx for the page turning effect. i am really newcomer to Directx. can anybody help me this problem.i hope i'll get a positive reply very soon

best regards

kannan m ambadi
mex23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:19 AM   #22
DaNDeE
Connoisseur
DaNDeE began at the beginning.

Device: Newton/iPhone/iPad
Can't really help, but here is a flash version of pretty nice turning effect. Perhaps you can find a tutorial explaining this routine or get the actionscript out of it for studies.

http://www.iparigrafika.hu/pageflip/
DaNDeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:59 AM   #23
jerome923
Jerome
jerome923 began at the beginning.

Device: N70, Dopod 900
Follow Ret's steps. You can use one of the world's most powerful OCR tools like Readiris Pro to convert it to a text PDF or word file. Then, you can change it to any format your mobile reader allowed. And, you can edit the text as you wish.
jerome923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #24
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Just a question to the publisher of that design magazine.
How many subscriptions of possible readers have you lost because of zinio?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #25
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaburk View Post
I use a program called SNAGIT to capture the Screen in Zinio and then save to pdf. It works great and no watermarks!
Alright call me what you like. But How exactly do you convert multiple images to pdf using snagit? Just bought the program and new to it so could use a helping hand. I have some zinio mags that I would love to read on my kindle fire but for whatever reason the application does not load/see the file.

thanks step by step instructions would be wonderful
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:45 PM   #26
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I see it has been years since anyone addressed Zinio. I just found out that my library offers magazines in this format, so I am looking into it. I installed the current reader, which is an Adobe AIR application in a Windows virtualbox. I signed on and downloaded an issue of the magazine to check it out.

I can of course read it in my virtualbox reader, but I would prefer to be able to read it on my kindle 3 keyboard. Doing a bit of file searching shows that each issue of the magazine is stored as a series of .swf and .jpg files named pageX.swf and pageXY.jpg along with an init.xml and a view.xml in a sub-directory. Is there a way to convert this into a MOBI/AZW3 file to read as I prefer?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:14 PM   #27
Nordickan
Banned
Nordickan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anybody have idea how to convert zinio magazines to PDF format?
Nordickan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #28
vlazarus
vlazarus began at the beginning.

Device: Android 4.0 ALPS Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNDeE View Post
Just found out that my favorit designmag is online, BUT it is packed in some propriatary format namely Zinio Reader:
http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=ZNO

Does anyone know how to convert that thing into html or txt - pdf would suit best, as the layout of the mag is quite complex.

I must admit, that I haven't checked the reader for now... if it should come with a conver function, than just ignore this message, but I doubt it.
Not the best solution I know but this is how I did it.

1. Wrote a Autohotkey(freeware) script to save defined screen area to
png on PrintScreen.( Yes - You have to navigate the pages to printscreen )

2. Used ipdf (Freeware) to generate the PDF from the images.

Glad to share it(my script) with anyone interested. I just need time to remove all additional functionality in my script.
vlazarus is offline   Reply With Quote