Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
lizd
lizd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Backup/Restore Multiple Libraries

In order to sort my way through all the ebooks I have accumulated I have set up my Calibre with multiple libraries (Science, History Middle East, Horror, etc etc), which can be found on my hard drive as subfolders of the main Calibre library. I have had to create libraries with the same name and address within Calibre itself under 'switch/create library'.
Now I have a new computer. Transferring the folders off my current hard drive is no problem, but is there any way of accessing, backing up and transferring all those extra libraries I have set up within Calibre, or will I have to set them up all over again?
lizd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another

And for Preferences: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....backup-calibre
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
backup, libraries, multiple libraries