Old 02-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
fausto
fausto began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500
Ciao from Milano,Italy

Hello,
I'm new in this world ...

And I have a question :
There is the possibility to use the reader as a kind of city-maps ?
I mean, some Html or Pdf pages with a list of the streets and links to the relative page.

Have someone try to create somethings like ?

I'm not sure I explain myself correctly, my english need improvements !!

ciao
Fausto
fausto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi fausto and welcome to the Forum. And,don't worry. Your English is a LOT better than my Italian!

I don't know the answer to your question but someone from this helpful forum will no doubt answer you shortly.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 03:58 AM   #3
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
Is there the possibility to use the reader as a kind of city-map ?
I mean, some Html or Pdf pages with a list of the streets and links to the relative page.
Ciao, Fausto!

As finding a street name is very similar to finding words (>translations) you might have a look at my dictionary: I created an English>Italian PDF eBook (link at bottom).
If you own a Sony PRS you can only use PDF, not html directly (but: Acrobat -full version- can import html and create PDFs with links in them).
I'm afraid you'd have to do the map creation/dividing entirely "by hand".

As I think about it it seems to me that you might create lists of street names with page numbers attached (e.g.: "Via Garibaldi map 6, B3") - but not make direct links from these names:
You'd probably need hundreds of street-links for only a few (dozens?) of map pages; instead paste links for all (these) pages on every street list page (e.g.: map1 map2 etc.)
You'd navigate directly to these links according to the information attached to the names...

By the way: PDF pages are only well readable if they are A5 or smaller in size...

Tanti saluti da Francoforte! Clemens

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...33&postcount=4
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:39 AM   #4
fausto
fausto began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500
grazie,
I'll try and inform you about that

ciao
Fausto
fausto is offline   Reply With Quote