Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
georg3200
Connoisseur
georg3200 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Amazon doesn't accept Mobi because of "bug in header"

Hi,

We converted an Epub to a Mobi. I think it was Calibre version 0.9.5.
We used the option "both" for conversion.

Amazon does not accept the Mobi because "it might have a bug in the header"...

The statement from Amazon was like:
"The file was delivered as a Mobi, but has failed internally. Might you please check if it was produced with Calibre, because they have a bug in the header which might cause this problem."

"They create a time out in the publishing line..."

We already produced a lot of Mobis from Epubs with Calibre and we never had problems.

Any help appreciated.
georg3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to ask Amazon what this bug is. "bug in the header" can mean anything. Though I doubt you'll get a response since Amazon really dont like the fact that people are not dependent on them to create MOBI files, despite their best efforts to make a closed format.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
georg3200
Connoisseur
georg3200 began at the beginning.

Device: none
That is what I think too.
I can't believe that there is really a bug in the converted mobi. We already delivered a lot of Calibre generated mobi to Amazon. But this "bug" is new.
So you're probably right, that Amazon doesn't what someone else to be part of the game.
But I will give it a try and ask Amazon.
Thanks for your help...
georg3200 is offline   Reply With Quote