Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
kindle touch freezes at booting (at the tree)

Well I was trying to install firmware 5.1.0 update, then i think an uninstaller failed, after which KT responds really slowly but recovered after a reset (holding the power button)... then i tried to install the firmware update... now it constantly freezes on the boot image "the tree".

i can use USB Downloader Mode and flashboot flashes fine. i can get a SSHed diagnostic mode, etc. i can "dd" the backup image ("Forensic") to paritition /dev/mmcblk0p1 and even zeroed the "/var/local/" as well. still i got stuck on the boot screen.

Any idea?
: any advice is appreciated.
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
i think i have traced the root... the MD5 of the img downloaded is not correct...now i'll download it again and see if it will work...
------------------------------------
well, it worked... so the lesson is,,, DO check the MD5 sum before flashing it....

Last edited by phoeagon; 05-16-2012 at 11:28 AM.
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
kindleholic
kindleholic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeagon View Post
the MD5 of the img downloaded is not correct...now i'll download it again and see if it will work...
------------------------------------
well, it worked... so the lesson is,,, DO check the MD5 sum before flashing it....
What do you mean in simple english? What is this MD5 and if you downloaded the wrong one, then the right, where from? How to verify?

I have same problem, sometimes it takes several restart press button, and even will stop half way loading the bar....
kindleholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote