Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #256
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
They don't do general coupons, but sometimes they do a sitewide rebate which is applicable to all non-Agency titles which are eligible for their standard Buy 10 Get 1 Free offer.

IIRC, CyberMonday this year and last they had something like 60% off, and there was a thread earlier in Deals for St. Patrick's Day, which was 50% off (I bought 3 or so books from their sister site Omnilit then).
Okay, that is what I am thinking of. I haven't used their site for long. I know that J.C. Daniels did a coupon for her book (Blade Song, which if you like UF is excellent. Strong Romance so it could be paranormal romance, but...it's kind of a violent/thriller type book so I'd push it more to UF.) Anyway at SOME point when I was there I thought I saw something about rebates or 60 percent off--and it must have been CyberMonday.

Thanks. I'll go hunt down their rebate info. I thought I'd seen something about points or whatnot. Hmm. Maybe that was Carina Press. I may suffer from too much shopping...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #257
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have read some ECs in the past but I seldom read Erotica anymore which focuses solely on sex and little to no plot. I do own quite a few ECs from the old days like Lora Leigh. These days it's Brava or Blaze when I am in the mood for something a bit spicy or something from more mainstream erotic romance that has better guidelines. I need a good plot to keep me interested in reading. Lately more and more of the genre is nothing but menages which I have no interests in reading.
I particularly enjoy scif fi and paranormal erotica. If the sex scenes are too long, I skip or skim. I also enjoy menage.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #258
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I particularly enjoy scif fi and paranormal erotica. If the sex scenes are too long, I skip or skim. I also enjoy menage.
I can't skim. It's just not something I can't allow myself to do. When I was reading the Officer Says I Do. For the first time ever reading a book I wanted to skim the sex scenes because they were so badly written but I couldn't. I did finish the book but it was almost a DNF for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #259
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebies
Finally some good freebies! I was getting worried.

I purchased two backlist titles on sale for 99 cents today.

Jo Goodman is an autobuy for me. Now if she release more back list titles I would be thrilled!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #260
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Avon Romance posted this link on their Facebook. It's all their sales for the Holidays with nice big covers and the price next to it.

http://deckthehalls.avonromance.com/
Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #261
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Finally some good freebies! I was getting worried.

I purchased two backlist titles on sale for 99 cents today.

Jo Goodman is an autobuy for me. Now if she release more back list titles I would be thrilled!
I think everyone is trying to time their freebies for all the new tablets and ereaders that are going to be unwrapped in a few days. My guess is the 24th - 27th will be a bonanza.

Totally agree on Jo Goodman. I read almost her entire backlist a few years ago.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #262
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can't skim. It's just not something I can't allow myself to do. When I was reading the Officer Says I Do. For the first time ever reading a book I wanted to skim the sex scenes because they were so badly written but I couldn't. I did finish the book but it was almost a DNF for me.
Ok, then, I can see how erotica might turn you off I've been skimming sex scenes for decades LOL.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #263
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Ok, then, I can see how erotica might turn you off I've been skimming sex scenes for decades LOL.
Good Erotic Romance you wont want to skim authors like Lora Leigh, Lauren Dane and Charlene Teglia just to name a few know how to draw you into a story and use it as a Character arc where it all fits nicely together.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #264
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Not working at the ebook store.
I don't know as I couldn't find anything I wanted, but I just tried some books from the list and it worked for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #265
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Good Erotic Romance you wont want to skim authors like Lora Leigh, Lauren Dane and Charlene Teglia just to name a few know how to draw you into a story and use it as a Character arc where it all fits nicely together.
Lora Leigh is one author I normally never skip or skim. Love her!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #266
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Well, in Canada this is an all-ages show, not just for YA, which is why they give such prominence to Lou's storyline as well, though I understand the books were written as YA to begin with. I've read from the Wikipedia articles (I used to edit in the new episode synopses after a fresh one aired) that they changed some storylines from the books, and of course the setting is different, but overall they should be roughly the same.

I don't know where you live or how the shipping would work out, but right now if you're interested, the first four seasons of Heartland on DVD are on sale for only $19.99 each in Canadian dollars (half-price and at least $10 off what Amazon US charges; they want $31 for the Xmas special, which is only $9 up here ) at Amazon.ca. They've got bonus extra interviews and featurettes with the actors and crew members.
Thanks, but I am in US. I use to see the reruns on one channel late at night locally. Also we use to get the channel that aired all of the Canadian shows I loved, now it is gone

One show I loved was about an FBI agent (blind young female) and her beautiful Golden Retriever assistant. I was so sad they canceled it.

When you try to view the videos on the producing channel (internet) it won't show, only for Canadian viewers. Lucky you. It is almost like a Disney Channel, good wholesome shows.

I like the Lou character and the Grandpa and his girlfriend, of course the horses. Love the horses.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #267
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Thanks, but I am in US. I use to see the reruns on one channel late at night locally. Also we use to get the channel that aired all of the Canadian shows I loved, now it is gone

One show I loved was about an FBI agent (blind young female) and her beautiful Golden Retriever assistant. I was so sad they canceled it.
Was it Sue Thomas, F.B. Eye? I recall seeing a couple of episodes of that. That one's also on DVD, and available within the US, according to the official website. If Netflix doesn't have them, it seems a pretty good deal as they let you try the 1st season for a discount for $20, then later pick up #2-5 also for a discount if you buy as a bundle direct from them in the States.

Quote:
When you try to view the videos on the producing channel (internet) it won't show, only for Canadian viewers. Lucky you. It is almost like a Disney Channel, good wholesome shows.
Hee. You haven't seen some of other shows that CBC produces, which IIRC, can be kind of shocking by US standards because we allow much more swearing and nudity but far less violence on prime-time. But yes, Canadian television can be quite high quality and it's always nice to see people around the world* enjoy our shows, too.

Quote:
I like the Lou character and the Grandpa and his girlfriend, of course the horses. Love the horses.
For some reason, I really like watching Lou and Ashley's stories, probably because they're the characters who had to grow and change the most. Mind you, I think Soraya and Scott are my actual favourites and I wish they'd get more screen time as supporting cast. And I like it when Amy has to deal with a difficult case and try a new approach. That's always fun to see.

* And some of our best stuff is only out on DVD in the UK and Germany and I have to import my own Canadian viewing from Amazon UK. Whyyyyy?
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #268
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Was it Sue Thomas, F.B. Eye? I recall seeing a couple of episodes of that. That one's also on DVD, and available within the US, according to the official website. If Netflix doesn't have them, it seems a pretty good deal as they let you try the 1st season for a discount for $20, then later pick up #2-5 also for a discount if you buy as a bundle direct from them in the States.

Yes Sue Thomas F.B. Eye. Great show. I think I watched all of the shows. Great love interest for Sue.

My local library has Heartland Season 1 & 2.

Hee. You haven't seen some of other shows that CBC produces, which IIRC, can be kind of shocking by US standards because we allow much more swearing and nudity but far less violence on prime-time. But yes, Canadian television can be quite high quality and it's always nice to see people around the world* enjoy our shows, too.

Interesting.... They didn't share those in the US.

For some reason, I really like watching Lou and Ashley's stories, probably because they're the characters who had to grow and change the most. Mind you, I think Soraya and Scott are my actual favourites and I wish they'd get more screen time as supporting cast. And I like it when Amy has to deal with a difficult case and try a new approach. That's always fun to see.

* And some of our best stuff is only out on DVD in the UK and Germany and I have to import my own Canadian viewing from Amazon UK. Whyyyyy?
I was looking at the author of Heartland books on my local library and they had the first book on Google Preview, and I read the first several chapters. It was the same as the first episode, except Ty was actually working for Amy's Mom, he dropped out of school! Totally different on the TV show.

Sorry I don't know how to split quotes so I bolded them.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #269
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't know as I couldn't find anything I wanted, but I just tried some books from the list and it worked for me.
Yeah it was a glitch. When I tried it again it work but it 50% off the non sale price so I didn't use it.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #270
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
I was looking at the author of Heartland books on my local library and they had the first book on Google Preview, and I read the first several chapters. It was the same as the first episode, except Ty was actually working for Amy's Mom, he dropped out of school! Totally different on the TV show.
Yeah, they changed stuff, especially a bunch of the character backgrounds. The Wikipedia article on the TV show has more details (may be a little spoilery). But the spirit should be the same. Glad to see your library has some of the DVDs for you to enjoy!

Quote:
Interesting.... They didn't share those in the US.
I think we send them to Germany and the UK instead.

If you liked the love interest on Sue Thomas, you might be interested to know that the actor is now the star of Murdoch Mysteries, a very good historical detective show set in 1890s Toronto, which I know is out on DVD is the US. I highly recommend it, and it's also based on a series of novels by Maureen Jennings (a few changes here and there, but nothing major), and it's as "clean" as one could want if one had any concerns about explicit sex and violence (allowing for the murders and all).

Quote:
Sorry I don't know how to split quotes so I bolded them.
You have to do it manually and type [ QUOTE ] [ /QUOTE ] (without the spaces) around the bits you want to quote. If you want attribute the extra quotes to the original poster and link back to their original post, then you have to copy-paste the very first [ QUOTE ] the system sets up for you, which will look like [ QUOTE=userername;1234567 ] before the bit you're quoting.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote