Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #91
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdn View Post
Did the 1.8.3 upgrade this morning, and my books purchased from Border.au are locked.
Really, speaking as someone who designs, develops, tests and installs software for a living, this is just not good enough. Go back to the v1.0 software and start all over again, this time, test the bloody software before releasing it.
(original kobo)
My understanding is that the beta testers received the beta firmware on SD cards to test. That's great for checking e-reader functionality, but doesn't test how it works on a normal download over the internet, and that seems to be where the problem lies. I suspect they learned a lesson from that.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #92
sassikiwi
sassikiwi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Original
I have a Kobo Original and when trying to do the upgrade, when I press the key combination to 'reset', my kobo stays on the blank screen until the power runs out and it doesn't upgrade.
I've reinstalled the new desktop from the kobo website and tried, I've tried the upgrade multiple times and after the key combination, blank screen and then nothing! Please can anyone help?
sassikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote