Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
3rd party software request thread

What kind of software do you guys want to see ported to the DR1000?

Are there other document formats you want to read? Utilities or programs you want to see? Games you want to play?

I can't promise to do everything, but since there aren't many other people with a DR and the ability, I'll be happy to do what I can.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
I amgoing to get my DR1000S next week. Don't familiair with it yet, but it will be a new tools for my students in embedded system class.

for my personal use,
1. Port of TI, HP Graphic Calculator would be good. Most of them has Linux source code for Ti-92, HP48.
2. Contacts sync wirh Outlook or Windows Live

Just start from this....
When I am ready I would contribute (my students) to develope SW also.

Last edited by keng2000; 11-17-2008 at 11:48 AM.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
In my case I would like to see a djvu reader (and also a cbr and cbz reader).
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
me too, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godel10 View Post
Also a djvu reader!
(Too bad there aren't ones that you can scribble on...)
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
thomega
Connoisseur
thomega began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
In my case I would like to see a djvu reader
I second that motion
thomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Abiword!

Games

Thanks, Adam!
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It would be nice to have some form of Agenda/Calendar function, Not necessarily to sync with a Computer (I have a MAC, many others use Linux and most use PC's so syncing would be difficult) but if it could import export Vcard files so much the better.

This would be useful for when in meetings. I know you can download a calendar pdf, but that's not really the same
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
adi
Enthusiast
adi began at the beginning.

Device: irex digital reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomega View Post
I second that motion
I third that motion.

I have quite a few books in djvu format. When converted to pdf, the size increases tremendously, and DR takes forever to open each page.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Screenshot program. A simple 30 second delay plus automatic filename (based on date) would be enough - just like on the iLiad. Or perhaps gsnapshot? There may be better screenshot GUI apps out there, they are hard to find using Google.

Terminal - Xfce-Terminal may be a good candidate.

Recall that Evince is one option for a djvu reader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
patatan
Enthusiast
patatan is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 3, DR1000S
Quote:
I vote for that, too.
patatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wait for it......

D O O M !!!
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #12
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
- We've got fiction, now we need interactive fiction:
!Gargoyle! (or Frotz...)

- A terminal application
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
That would be LEGEND (wait for it...) DARY!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 AM   #14
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
Another interesting software would be a PC application that shows in a window (with an update after every second) what it is seen in the screen of the DR1000S. This PC application that I think about should have a fullscreen mode. I do not have any idea if this is something difficult or not, or if this can be done by the already available Irex software.

I think this would be great (at least) for teachers. I can go to the lecture room with my Irex1000S and use a beamer for showing my slides to the attendance. And what it is more interesting, if at any moment I decide to create a new slide using the pen stylus I can automatically share it with all my students.
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:33 AM   #15
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Screenshot program.
I second that and I'd like a slideshow program just like the iLiad's (where the user can choose the slides), please.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote