Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
End of Support Embeddet Linux on Onyx New Devices

Our Russian distributor has afflicted us, so that "all the new devices will ship with Android. Development of firmware 1.8 for new devices in China will no longer be. Do not see the point of"
Here also will be? Without Embeddet Linux on new Onyx?

Наш российский дистрибьютор огорчил нас, тем что "все новые устройства будут поставлять с Андроид. Разработку прошивки 1.8 для новых устройств в Китае больше не будут. Не видят смысла"
Здесь также будет? Без Embeddet Linux на новых Onyx-ах?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks
An awful news
But not surprising: if new devices are Android based Onyx will be much interested in Android than in embedded linux.
Of course you said "development for new devices" but if there is no development for "new" devices but that mean probably not interested in development for "old" devices (as M92 or i62)
Of course upset customers is of secondary importance for any company, we can see it in telephone companies or banks why Onyx should be different

Last edited by Manolo; 05-21-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Yes, bad news :-(

I hope that the promised firmwares (M92, i62xxx) will come...

Or, may be, it's only a choice of this vendor to don't have a stock of Linux devices, because the users ask for Android.

Last edited by Randy11; 05-21-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hey! Don't panic!

We will definitely keep supporting of all our current devices. They are not "old" at all. We still have big demand for them (especially M92) and we still order them by Onyx. So why shall we drop supporting?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
btw, there *is* a new Firefly firmware available from the chinese site (update-20130514), and it seems there will be also for other models shortly I guess the drop of official support won't happen immediately.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
The russian distributor doesn't specify if the support will be dropped at all, or will be available a new supported firmware based on Android compatible with *92 models. (corrected)

Last edited by Inemi; 05-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Model 62 was buried at all. M92M still will be on sale. Promote something very strange: i63SML Kopernik and i63SL Kepler. But with such hardware- http://gadgetgadget.ru/index.php?rou...product_id=153 (without touch-screens, but with Android 2.3)
Firmwares with Android to the "old" models just will not.

Модели 62 похоронили совсем. М92М ещё будут продаваться. Продвигают совсем что-то странное: i63SML Kopernik и i63SL Kepler. Вот с таким железом - http://gadgetgadget.ru/index.php?rou...product_id=153 (без тач-скрина, но с Android 2.3 )
Прошивок на Android для "старых" моделей точно не будет.
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:36 AM   #8
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
I think we should petition Onyx that with dropping development of Linux devices they release FULL sources of software. What are they going to do with them anyway?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #9
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IREX (DR800, DR1000) done this when they close their doors. I hope that ONYX don't stop to work on their products under Linux. The PDF reader is a big thing and some parts of the software can be under license and can not be "opened".
Old 05-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Different from iRex, Onyx will continue developing new products in coming months. Migrating to Android is trend, we will introduce new some exciting devices, for example, the 13.3 flexible reader.
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #11
Randy11
Wizard

Hello Zeng,
What's the source of this good news ?
Are you working for Onyx ?

I like the idea of a 13.3 flexible reader ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213172) from Onyx

Last edited by Randy11; 05-23-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

It's pretty hard to tell the relationship between Onyx and me. But the news is true. Onyx is working on the 13.3 device. It's not easy, especially the touch technology. The screen is exact the Sony reader used and as expected it's very expensive.
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
Randy11
Wizard

Zeng, thanks for the reply.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
Randy11
Wizard

I hope that the M92 and the i62 will not forgotten.

Quote:
It's pretty hard to tell the relationship between Onyx and me. But the news is true. Onyx is working on the 13.3 device. It's not easy, especially the touch technology. The screen is exact the Sony reader used and as expected it's very expensive.
Booxtor, what did you think of that ?

Last edited by Randy11; 05-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeng View Post
Onyx is working on the 13.3 device. It's not easy, especially the touch technology. The screen is exact the Sony reader used and as expected it's very expensive.
I saw on Sony video that this screen can react on finger taps and also the precise work with stylus is possible. Is this true for future Onyx reader?
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote