Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #121
parmanaut
parmanaut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
So far, this is the only app I've found that produces files that display in full screen on my PaperWhite. The downside is I've been getting a few random errors in generating .mobi files.

Error on file [path]: [Errno2] No such file or directory: u'[path]'.

Two weird things:

1.) I get this error on the second volume of a particular manga I'm trying to convert. The first volume (released by the same group) converted just fine!
2.) If I select "Apply image modifications" I *don't* get this error... but I would prefer not to use image modifications because I've had small parts of some pages cut off when I did.

Anyway, thanks for your work on this tool.
parmanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #122
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
The links should be now working again, I messed up with Dropbox folder names (wonder why I can't rename "Public" folder... :P )

@parmanaut: do you have kindlegen.exe and unrar.exe in your $PATH (e.g. under C:\Windows\ if you're using win64)? Can you send me via PM the manga so I can use it for testing?
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #123
parmanaut
parmanaut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I do have kindlegen and unrar in my $PATH. kindlegen worked fine for the first volume and failed for the second volume. I've only tried these two volumes so far.

Additionally, when I use MangAI to process the second volume's images first, and then send the output folder to KCC, it successfully generates the .mobi, but what I'm really looking for is a one-step solution. Mangle used to do the trick so nicely with my 3rd gen and now with the Paperwhite they just had to complicate things.

Uploading that second volume to a filehost now and I'll send you the link when it's complete.
parmanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #124
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Looking forward your file!
Anyway, KCC contains (and improves) all image processing Mangle did, so if you're searching for resize, add borders (black/white), landscape page splitting and such things, KCC is the new Mangle :P
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #125
Morisato
Morisato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Talking

ciromattia... me love you long time :3 THANK YOU soooooo much~ You're a life saver!
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #126
Sauyadav
Enthusiast
Sauyadav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, iPad mini, Note 2
Thanks!! KCC rules ! Yotsuba looks awesome on paperwhite

Last edited by Sauyadav; 02-15-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Sauyadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #127
Morisato
Morisato began at the beginning.

Agreed~! KCC does indeed rule
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #128
TheMarksman
TheMarksman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Looking forward your file!
Anyway, KCC contains (and improves) all image processing Mangle did, so if you're searching for resize, add borders (black/white), landscape page splitting and such things, KCC is the new Mangle :P
Just found KCC and it is the best!! I just wish you can add Landscape mode...please
TheMarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #129
devorez
devorez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
@ciromattia Nice work!

I'm writing a little .bat file to automatically run comic2ebook.py, kindlegen.exe and kindlestrip.py. Could you add an option in comic2ebook.py to choose the .epub output path ? This'd help me.

Also the script isn't working with Python 3.3. Some syntax errors (print "example" instead of print("example"), and another minor error.

Thanks

Last edited by devorez; 02-22-2013 at 02:40 PM.
devorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #130
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Sorry for being absent, it has been quite a busy time :O
All requests registered (look into Issue tab on github)!

@Arhu: the "big file" issue is a limitation of kindlegen, as pointed out by AcidWeb here
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #131
Urado
Urado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic something

Hello,

I am on win32, it is possible to use KCC ?
I only see a win64 version :/

If not, is there a simple way to store the last read location when using \images folder on kindle paperwhite ?
Urado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #132
devorez
devorez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
@ciromattia What about choosing the .epub output path ?
devorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #133
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
as an side I believe silver18 is looking to test Komics PW support...

AFAIK it's currently "untested" but it's "out there"

Just saying.. : )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #134
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

@devorez: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/issues/22

@Urado: (un)fortunately I don't own a win32 system, but KCC should definitely work! If someone owns a win32 I can provide quick howto on how to build a package...

@twobob: Komic is a nice homebrew for Kindle, both Komic and KCC try to fix the same problem (reading comics) with different approaches. While Komic needs jailbreak (and IIRC atm it does not work on PW), KCC works out-of-the-box providing some comic enhancements. On the other hand, Komic offers a nice and valuable comic management system while KCC relies on Kindle's default one, so it's only a matter of preferences
Personally I wrote KCC because Komic is limited to touch devices (I own a - jailbreaked - K3) and I owned an early PW when jailbreak was not yet available; moreover I like to keep my devices as clean as possible

If someone owns a jb'ed PW and wants to lend a hand, though, I strongly encourage contacting silver18: good projects are always to be supported!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #135
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yeah. I fully agree.

It's an "alpha" alternative at this point. certainly not a replacement
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, k5 tools, kindle tools, manga, paperwhite