Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
ily426
ily426 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question No data in "In Library" and "On Device" columns after upgrade

The subject line says it all: after installing the update yesterday, there is no data displayed anymore in the "In Library" and "On Device" columns.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Preferably without re-writing the code?
I'm a new-ish user of Calibre, I think it's great and powerful, but this power also means complications that I do not have the time for...
Thank you, ily426
ily426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ily426 View Post
The subject line says it all: after installing the update yesterday, there is no data displayed anymore in the "In Library" and "On Device" columns.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Preferably without re-writing the code?
I'm a new-ish user of Calibre, I think it's great and powerful, but this power also means complications that I do not have the time for...
Thank you, ily426
Did you give Calibre time to scan your device (The Job wheel stops turning)?

The column opens when a device is detected.
Then the Job to 'fetch' the previous list that was stored on your device. THEN it looks for other changes.

If you removed the Metadata.calibre file from your device, Calibre has no info for step 2 and goes to step 3 (can take many minutes depending on number of books).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
ily426

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you give Calibre time to scan your device (The Job wheel stops turning)?

The column opens when a device is detected.
Then the Job to 'fetch' the previous list that was stored on your device. THEN it looks for other changes.

If you removed the Metadata.calibre file from your device, Calibre has no info for step 2 and goes to step 3 (can take many minutes depending on number of books).
Thanks for answering so quickly.
I had my Kindle connected to Calibre for ages.
I have about 97 titles in the Library and 45 on the Kindle...
Also, since yesterday, the window with the list of books has a yellow border - ?!
ily426
Old 04-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for answering so quickly.
I had my Kindle connected to Calibre for ages.
I have about 97 titles in the Library and 45 on the Kindle...
Also, since yesterday, the window with the list of books has a yellow border - ?!
ily426
Yellow borders mean that:
Left Tag Browser is Collapsed
Bottom or Right = Book Details is collapsed
Top(? I run mine in separate window), the cover browser is collapsed

Controls are in the Lower Right corner
Old 04-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
ily426

Ah! I see - thanks.
Back to my original question: anything I can do to populate those columns with data?
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Locate and delete the file metadata.calibre from your Kindle and then start calibre. If that doesn't work, delete the books from your kindle and resend them with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
ily426

I did that and nothing changed. BUT: penny dropped!!!
I must have used - by mistake - the option "Send and DELETE from Library" when I put books on my Kindle instead of "Send to main memory"! Now I put the books from the Kindle back into the Calibre Library and all is well.
Boy, do I feel stupid or what!
Sorry...
Old 04-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Glad you got it sorted.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I did that and nothing changed. BUT: penny dropped!!!
I must have used - by mistake - the option "Send and DELETE from Library" when I put books on my Kindle instead of "Send to main memory"! Now I put the books from the Kindle back into the Calibre Library and all is well.
Boy, do I feel stupid or what!
Sorry...
Well
Send and Delete from Library would mean there were no Matches to show.

On your Device view(for K3) , select books: Right-click copy to Library
To get them back

Tags
calibre, kindle, no data displayed