Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
MAC users..(Not IPAD-IPHONE)

Anyone using using a Mac computer with a Kindle App..?? Do you have idea where the books are stored...?? A search with Spotlight doesn't find em...??
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
I do not have the app but you could try looking in /library, /library/caches, ~/library,~/library/caches.

Cheers.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure View Post
I do not have the app but you could try looking in /library, /library/caches, ~/library,~/library/caches.

Cheers.

Hahahaha...I think I did, but lost track ...!!!!!

Thanks...Ill give it a shot
Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
~/Documents/My Kindle Content is where the Kindle for Mac books end up. They are also "named" according to their ASIN number, which makes it difficult to tell them apart just by looking at the filename.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
~/Documents/My Kindle Content is where the Kindle for Mac books end up. They are also "named" according to their ASIN number, which makes it difficult to tell them apart just by looking at the filename.

Hey thank-you, they wewre right where you said they were. !!! Wonder why "Spotlight" (Kinda alike a search engine for you non mac users !) didnt at least hit on something....But thanks again...
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Hey thank-you, they wewre right where you said they were. !!! Wonder why "Spotlight" (Kinda alike a search engine for you non mac users !) didnt at least hit on something....But thanks again...
Apparently Spotlight's indexes aren't always current/complete. For example, I use it to launch apps (most things take just 3-4 keystrokes), but an app that I've just installed often doesn't show up until I locate it in finder and launch it once from there. For file search, I've never trusted it.

But I have just learned that you can force it to re-index everything on a disk by going to Spotlight preferences, Privacy tab, adding the drive to the exclude list, then deleting it from the list. Takes a while to reindex, but when done, it should be 'better' - until it isn't.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Wonder why "Spotlight" (Kinda alike a search engine for you non mac users !) didnt at least hit on something....
I guess it depends on what keywords you type into Spotlight? If I type AZW (the file extension), then it lists several documents. If I move my mouse over the document name, then I see the file path ~/Documents/My Kindle Content.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #8
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I guess it depends on what keywords you type into Spotlight? If I type AZW (the file extension), then it lists several documents. If I move my mouse over the document name, then I see the file path ~/Documents/My Kindle Content.
That was the first thing I tried, came up with books articles I looked at in the Web but not my own content...I am going to re-index like suggested...Thanks Again...