Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
LevAizik
LevAizik is on a distinguished road

Device: none
How I change gray levels on 301?

Hi, I just received my pocketbook 301 and I'm trying to increase gray level (from what I understood there are 4), but I can't find that option. Can anyone help me?
LevAizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevAizik View Post
Hi, I just received my pocketbook 301 and I'm trying to increase gray level (from what I understood there are 4), but I can't find that option. Can anyone help me?
You can't change it for text except by changing fonts to one that is lighter or darker. Images will be displayed using gray scale.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The simplest way to get darker text is to turn on the "embolded" option, or try changing the aliasing, from PocketBook 360° review:
Quote:
There are further settings that affect the FBreader under settings icon on the main menu. Among many, many interesting things you can set Apperance - theme, interface font, boot logo, text rendering (Not antialiased, Antialiased, embolded)
I think the same options are available on the 301. The choice of font can make a big difference too.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Lev, try any font that has ..bld in the end of its name - they are bold fonts that may visually increase the contrast of the text.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevAizik View Post
Just to help clarify so the answers you got make sense. The "grayscales" for a given device simply refer to the number of "colors", in this case the number of shades of grey, a device can display. It's the same as your computer's video card being able to show x-number of colors. These things are set in hardware and fixed. And BTW, a higher grey scale number does not mean more contrast for text but a higher number will improve the appearance of any graphics/pictures/photos in a book.

The suggestion to try a different font or adjust the font characteristics is the way to go...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert