Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
BooksOnBoard Browser Search Plugin

I couldn't find a browser search plugin for BooksOnBoard, so I took a minute to make one. If you use Firefox (and it should presumably work in IE7+ as well) and you ever shop at BooksOnBoard, check it out:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-eng...e=booksonboard
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What does this browser plug-in do that we cannot do by going to the site?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
save you the time of typing in the url / loading the page unnecessarily before you can search ? i like search plugins. thanks for this one, zero9, i'll try it out !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I can get to BooksOnBoard in three keypresses.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Just the fact that search results default to list view instead of that horrible cover view is enough to make this more than worthwhile. Thank you!
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do all of my searches from the browser's search field; Google, Wikipedia, Memory Alpha, Amazon... it's nice to always "throw" my cursor at the same area for whatever and wherever I'm searching. Clearly, it's not for everyone though.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Just the fact that search results default to list view instead of that horrible cover view is enough to make this more than worthwhile. Thank you!
Another reason I made the plugin! I do prefer list view.

Edit: I just made a "Cover View" version (available at the original link above) for those that prefer the default results display.

Last edited by Zero9; 07-24-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
Another reason I made the plugin! I do prefer list view.
so do i !! thanks for this, i've installed it now and i'll try it out. now if you could make one for fictionwise, too...
Old 07-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
...now if you could make one for fictionwise, too...
Here you go:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51802
Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

oh wow, thank you !!! that's brilliant !! karma to you for that !
Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
ZERO9 that's brilliant - thank you!!
Double Dugg for the list view
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote