Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read in the bathroom? (Poll is not public, so voters' can keep their privacy)
Yes I do and I think it's normal 116 85.29%
Yes I do but I find it weird 3 2.21%
No I don't but I think it's normal 7 5.15%
No I don't and I find it weird 10 7.35%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #16
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
But of course! I read just about everywhere including the bathroom. I also read whilst brushing my teeth -- 2 minutes is a looong time to brush and I get bored. (By the way, I love the British English word 'whilst' and use it when ever possible.)
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Uh . . . NO
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #18
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Yes I do, as you get older everything takes longer. I don't have a bathtub & have not yet resorted to reading in the shower.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #19
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
We have a big Jet tub in our bathroom, the only reason I would stop reading in it is when the water gets frigid.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labib Rahman View Post
Hi. As an avid reader and with exams and a strict mother, I spend large amounts of time in the bathroom to read. Do you read in the bathroom as well (not necessarily for the same reasons, although a strict spouse could replace a strict mother) ? Do you think it's weird to read in the bathroom, unaware that you are done with your business?

Let's see, shall we?
That's why it's called the Necessary Room, isn't it?
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #21
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
It's not that I choose to read in the bathroom, I just don't put my book down unless I have no alternative (and even if I'm not holding it I'm still reading, particularly now I've got a tuff-luv case with a stand for my reader).

I have an aquapac for my reader, but I also have a technique for reading pbooks in the shower.

Entering the bathroom just isn't a reason to stop reading.

Both I and my mum can remember as children reading the labels on all the cleaning products in the bathroom when we weren't allowed to take books with us.

Sometimes I do listen to the radio instead - also have a waterproof radio
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #22
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
But of course! I read just about everywhere including the bathroom. I also read whilst brushing my teeth -- 2 minutes is a looong time to brush and I get bored. (By the way, I love the British English word 'whilst' and use it when ever possible.)
Aha! I'm NOT the only one who does that!

(trying to think of a room I haven't read in... nope - none come to mind)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #23
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Being a Kindle owner, I have even purchased books while in the bathroom. In our house the euphemism for using this particular room is "doing a little light reading".
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Everyone I know reads in the bathroom. It is much more entertaining than staring at the wall Kind of related to this poll--how many people read cereal boxes, soup can labels, etc. when they are at hand and nothing else readable is? Reading is an addiction and we're all hooked.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Kind of related to this poll--how many people read cereal boxes, soup can labels, etc. when they are at hand and nothing else readable is? Reading is an addiction and we're all hooked.
*raises hand* oh yeah, i do that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #26
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Everyone I know reads in the bathroom. It is much more entertaining than staring at the wall Kind of related to this poll--how many people read cereal boxes, soup can labels, etc. when they are at hand and nothing else readable is? Reading is an addiction and we're all hooked.
*another hand goes up* Since all of our labelling has to be in both official languages, it is a little test of translation.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #27
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
And another one. I'm really glad I know the ingredients in my shampoo and toothpaste!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #28
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
And one more! I have no idea WHAT the ingredients are most of the time, but it's something to read! (Takes me forever to grocery shop , BTW)
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #29
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
*another hand goes up* Since all of our labelling has to be in both official languages, it is a little test of translation.

WDE.
:yet another hand in the air - hey, it's like a forest of hands here:

Be aware of bad, computer made translations! In one of our classes last year, we had to shop to find the really bad ones as an assignment. What's lying out there is scary!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #30
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Yes, yes, yes!! this is totally me!! if I'm reading a really good book, it takes me a while to get ready for work, but my teeth are super clean.... so, in other words, whilst I brush and comb and wash and sit, I READ!

Quote:
YES! I'm so glad to not be weird on here!! everyone else I talk to thinks that is just bizarre-- how I read anything, everything, everywhere at every minute. turns out I was the only kid in my family to read on the pot. I don't know how I got started, but apparently it wasn't "normal." Apparently, reading cereal boxes while eating, reading shampoo bottles while in the shower... apparently those things aren't done by a lot of people. go figure!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, poll, reading, weirdness