Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #31
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have seen double page turn problem before with KT unfortunately the cure can be worse than the problem. It was easy to deal with double page turns when they are few between.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Come to think of it, yes I have had this issue, not very often but still.
In any case the double page turn happens always after the first turn does not show the new page so I know that the next tap will double turn, I just go back a page and voilà
But if it can be fixed with an update then I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyz View Post
I have noticed something interesting with the GLO. It seems that every so often when I tap it to turn the page it doesn't do the page turn. Then when I go ahead and tap it again it ends up turning two pages. I thought this was a matter of me being a bit too impatient so I have tried waiting a few seconds to see if the first tap eventually happens and no luck. I suspect it is something to do with the refresh. I have run into this with two seperate GLO's so it isn't a hardware issue. Perhaps a bug to be squashed in a future update?

Anyone else running into this?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #33
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I have had that issue previously with the Touch (don't remerber the firmware ID at that time) and when a page would not turn, I center tapped and that made the trick Don't know if it could help
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
With me the double turns only happen after a missed turn; one touches the screen and no page turn happens; touch a second time and two pages flip.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #35
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
No problems for me (Kobo Touch 2.1.5), this is is most responsive version I have had in turns of quick and accurate page turning
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #36
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Thank you, I had a feeling that might be the case. I had read that it used 'simple turn' page effect, which could be ok, but I think I've read and watched so much now I don't know where I'm at any more Just trying to find a good e reader with a page turning option to look as if she is turning pages.

Thanks for replying to me, I appreciate it
You probably will not find one. The E-Ink-screen technology is not very suitable (if at all) for moving images.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #37
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I still don't think I've experienced the double tap issue on my Glo. Could be that I got so used to it while using my Touch that I just never notice anymore.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote